FVS318v3 to FVS318v1 tunnel

Hi All,

I have been using FVS318 v1 and v2 routers for a while for VPN tunnels
between client sites and they work great, as does the SafeNet 10 software. I
cannot for the life of me get FVS318v3 to FVS318v1 tunnel to connect. I have
tried to update the firmware, used FQDN and IP addresses, I notice that the
v1 and v2 don't seem to use authentication and the v 3 seems to require it.
I wish Netgear had never changed the interface or come up with the "Wizard".
I could set up two of the old routers with a tunnel in about ½ an hour. I
have been beating on this thing for a week. I have even replaced routers. Is
there a comprehensive document that discusses the settings between FVS318v3
and FVS318v1? I am at a loss.

Thanks,

Bill Lobb
2 answers Last reply
More about fvs318v3 fvs318v1 tunnel

    Hi Bill,

    I have been having a similar from FVS318 v3 to v2... did you find a
    fix for this???

    Kenny

    Bill Lobb wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have been using FVS318 v1 and v2 routers for a while for VPN
    tunnels
    > between client sites and they work great, as does the SafeNet 10
    software. I
    > cannot for the life of me get FVS318v3 to FVS318v1 tunnel to connect.
    I have
    > tried to update the firmware, used FQDN and IP addresses, I notice
    that the
    > v1 and v2 don't seem to use authentication and the v 3 seems to
    require it.
    > I wish Netgear had never changed the interface or come up with the
    "Wizard".
    > I could set up two of the old routers with a tunnel in about ½ an
    hour. I
    > have been beating on this thing for a week. I have even replaced
    routers. Is
    > there a comprehensive document that discusses the settings between
    FVS318v3
    > and FVS318v1? I am at a loss.
    >

    > Thanks,
    >

    > Bill Lobb