FVS318v3 to FVS318v1 tunnel

Last response: in Networking
April 15, 2005 4:47:36 PM

Hi All,

I have been using FVS318 v1 and v2 routers for a while for VPN tunnels
between client sites and they work great, as does the SafeNet 10 software. I
cannot for the life of me get FVS318v3 to FVS318v1 tunnel to connect. I have
tried to update the firmware, used FQDN and IP addresses, I notice that the
v1 and v2 don't seem to use authentication and the v 3 seems to require it.
I wish Netgear had never changed the interface or come up with the "Wizard".
I could set up two of the old routers with a tunnel in about ½ an hour. I
have been beating on this thing for a week. I have even replaced routers. Is
there a comprehensive document that discusses the settings between FVS318v3
and FVS318v1? I am at a loss.

Thanks,

Bill Lobb
May 6, 2005 4:30:52 PM

Hi Bill,

I have been having a similar from FVS318 v3 to v2... did you find a
fix for this???

Kenny

Bill Lobb wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have been using FVS318 v1 and v2 routers for a while for VPN
tunnels
> between client sites and they work great, as does the SafeNet 10
software. I
> cannot for the life of me get FVS318v3 to FVS318v1 tunnel to connect.
I have
> tried to update the firmware, used FQDN and IP addresses, I notice
that the
> v1 and v2 don't seem to use authentication and the v 3 seems to
require it.
> I wish Netgear had never changed the interface or come up with the
"Wizard".
> I could set up two of the old routers with a tunnel in about ½ an
hour. I
> have been beating on this thing for a week. I have even replaced
routers. Is
> there a comprehensive document that discusses the settings between
FVS318v3
> and FVS318v1? I am at a loss.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Bill Lobb