Epson 890

My 890 prints about half an inch of a colour photo and then quits. Any
suggestions, other than firing it out the window?

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 11:55:33 -0500, in comp.periphs.printers "Alan
Henderson" <alan_henderson@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> My 890 prints about half an inch of a colour photo and then quits. Any
>suggestions, other than firing it out the window?

What OS? Be sure you have enough free space on the drive for the print
spooler, probably C: and make sure the drive isn't severely fragmented.
http://EdwardGRuf.com

This is unlikely to be a problem with the printer itself. Either your
print spooler space is fragmented or too small, or you are having
interface problems between the computer and printer, like a too busy or
interrupted hub or port.

Try printing some text from another program, or unplug the printer
interface from the computer (when both are turned off) and then run some
test print pages on the printer and see if it works (the manual will
tell you which buttons to press while turning on the printer to have it
go into test mode). If that prints correct, chances are the problem is
other than the printer.

Art