Sign in with
Your question

Problems booting computer

Last response: in Motherboards
March 16, 2006 6:25:34 AM

Over the past week a error seems to have sprung up out of no where when I try to turn the computer nothing happens except a orange light springs up (the one below the green light) and on the cd rom drive the orange light with the words BUSY on top. It is really frustrating as I have to randomly try to turn it on, it turns on eventually (signalled by the green light and not the orange). Please help me out I am really sorry for sounding dumb but I am only a 14 year old kid and I love my computer its a Legend 4040 (Packard Bell) :roll: :roll: :oops:  Thanks in advance all you techies!!! :wink:
March 16, 2006 11:17:08 AM

WHat is that particular system based on? P3/450? P4/2.8G? P2/233?

Do you get any type of display at all (POST results, BIOS prompt, Windows splash screen) when attempting to turn it on?
March 16, 2006 11:28:52 AM

Quote:
WHat is that particular system based on? P3/450? P4/2.8G? P2/233?

Do you get any type of display at all (POST results, BIOS prompt, Windows splash screen) when attempting to turn it on?

:oops:  you have completely lost me. umm the screen doesnt display anything at all.
Related resources
March 16, 2006 7:13:25 PM

It might simply be a marginal power supply....

Depending on it's age, it might require an AT (pre-1998) or ATX power supply...

YOu can visit www. packardbell.com and perhaps get some specifics on your model (type/speed of processor installed, etc.)

PB exited the U.S. market several years ago. so I am unable to look up specifics on your model, but it might simply require a new AT power supply, avail for as little as $5-10 on the used market...

If you have a moderately computer-inclined techie friend, I'm sure he/she will be gald to install it for free, vice the $40 some comp shops will want for a 5 minutes labor charge...
March 16, 2006 7:53:49 PM

Click here.

Does it look like what you have?
March 17, 2006 1:48:12 PM

Thank you folks. Took me half an hour of twddling the on switch to flippin turn it on today. Your info will come in handy. Driving me nuts so will have to got and get it fixed :roll: :roll:
!