Windows XP doesn't recognize USB Mass Storage Device

Hi,
I have a problem with my Windows XP (home) recognizing my MP3 iAudio Player.
It should be recognized as Mass Storage Device, but my windows doesn't react
at all when I plug it in. In Device Manager, it says "Error 10: No driver
installed for this device" I was asking to manufacturer (COWON) and they
answer that windows xp does recognize this item manually, so that I don't
need any special driver for it.
The only thing that worked was when I removed all the USB control drivers in
Device Manager, than I connected my MP3 player, and then I let Device Manager
to find a new devices and install them. But I have to proceed like this again
and again every time I'm connecting my MP3 player to my computer. Windows
don't recognize this item automatically.
Is there a way to solve this problem?
I would be very nice from you if you could help me. Thank you,
Ondrej Svec
PS: I have installed SP1 and all updates

If you plug it in and then restart your PC, will it recognize it?

"ondrej2004" <ondrej2004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a problem with my Windows XP (home) recognizing my MP3 iAudio
Player.
> It should be recognized as Mass Storage Device, but my windows doesn't
react
> at all when I plug it in. In Device Manager, it says "Error 10: No driver
> installed for this device" I was asking to manufacturer (COWON) and they
> answer that windows xp does recognize this item manually, so that I don't
> need any special driver for it.
> The only thing that worked was when I removed all the USB control drivers
in
> Device Manager, than I connected my MP3 player, and then I let Device
Manager
> to find a new devices and install them. But I have to proceed like this
again
> and again every time I'm connecting my MP3 player to my computer. Windows
> don't recognize this item automatically.
> Is there a way to solve this problem?
> I would be very nice from you if you could help me. Thank you,
> Ondrej Svec
> PS: I have installed SP1 and all updates

When I plug it and then restart my PC, the Mass Storage Device is recognized,
baut again, in Device Manager, it appears with yellow exclamation point and
in "properties", it's again error 10: "cannot find the appropriate driver".
The only thing taht works is this procedure:

1. I remove both the device and my USB Controllers from the Device Manager.

2. I plug the player in USB port and I let my PC search for new devices.

3. Then only is my player recongnized as Mass Storage device and works fine.
But I have to repeat this same three-step procedure every time I want to copy
anything from my computer to my 20 HDD player and it's sure not fun. I wanted
to use my player as my portable data storage but I under those circumstances,
it's quite impossible.

Is there a "trick" to get this item work right under Windows XP. Couldn't
Microsoft release a new driver which would work OK for all types of Mass
Storage Device? I would be really grateful for this.

Ondrej from Prague