Can ATI Xpress Mobos work with GeForce GPUs???

The title says it all really.

I need some help as I am an avid GeForce user, but my next computer may have an ATI chipset. Anyone know the answer?
3 answers Last reply
More about xpress mobos work geforce gpus
  1. Quote:
    The title says it all really.

I need some help as I am an avid GeForce user, but my next computer may have an ATI chipset. Anyone know the answer?

That's kinda oxymoronish....yes it will work, but there's no point because an nF4 mobo can be had cheaper w/ SLI than going w/ ATI Xpress that has a sh!tty southbridge anyways since you're buying a GeForce GPU.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
  2. Thanks for your help. I do know I'll loose alot, but it's a question on money, and unfortunately I'm tied to buying from HP, which only use Xpress chipsets. It's quite a prediciment.

Would I gain much from switching to and ATI GPU, what kind of differences am I likely to see? Which one should I go for?
  3. Quote:
    Thanks for your help. I do know I'll loose alot, but it's a question on money, and unfortunately I'm tied to buying from HP, which only use Xpress chipsets. It's quite a prediciment.

Would I gain much from switching to and ATI GPU, what kind of differences am I likely to see? Which one should I go for?

Depends on the card, just stick with your GeForce love-affair, it will be fine.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Geforce ATI Overclocking