View Shares on VPN Client

sf

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004

I'm trying to view the shares on a Windows XP Pro SP2 box that is VPNd
into a Win2K3 SBS. I'm getting nowhere. Is this possible? If so, how?
I'm trying to get desktops in the office to be able to print to a
printer connected to a laptop off-site.

Any ideas how to get this done?

Thanks.

For that to work there has to be two rules , the office has to have
tunnel access to the client and the client has to have tunnel access
to the host (VPN server or router). An LMHOST entry pointing to the
domain controller's IP if it's a domain and the WINS server up and
running and entered in the clients configuration so the printer share
will update in the WINS database when the client logs in. A more
detailed process will take a more specific hardware and software
scenario but this is the basic setup. Make sure to enable file and
print sharing as well and allow it to pass through the XP firewall.