Unable to log on XP sp2

I'm using a Dell Latitude D600 laptop running XPsp2. The
service pack installation went fine, and I installed
McAfee a few days ago. However, today I'm unable to log on
to my computer at all. I've tried safe mode using both the
administrator and person accounts, but no luck. Each time
I select the account, it begins to log me on and then
immediately logs me off. I'm sent back to the logon
screen. Any suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about unable

    http://www.winxptutor.com/wsaremove.htm
    Quick Launch settings are not saved; Search Assistant Toolbar in Taskbar
    Unable to logon to Windows after removing BlazeFind using a spyware removal
    utility?
    Logon - Logoff loop, also caused by BlazeFind

    "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm using a Dell Latitude D600 laptop running XPsp2. The
    > service pack installation went fine, and I installed
    > McAfee a few days ago. However, today I'm unable to log on
    > to my computer at all. I've tried safe mode using both the
    > administrator and person accounts, but no luck. Each time
    > I select the account, it begins to log me on and then
    > immediately logs me off. I'm sent back to the logon
    > screen. Any suggestions?

Windows XP