/NOEXECUTE=OPTIN on every boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

JzX

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Hello,

Ive been having this issue recently that has never occurred before. Every time I start my computer, it loads up past the motherboard screen then stops in a black screen. The black screen shows the following:

Edit boot option
Edit windows boot option for: Windows 7
Path:\Windows\System32\Winload.exe
Partition 1
Hard Disk 9430081d

/NOEXECUTE=OPTIN

Press Enter To Sumbit

After pressing enter my computer boots to the desktop and everything is fine but having to press enter every time on this screen has become very annoying as I want to power my computer, walk away and come back to the desktop

If anyone can provide insight on this problem, it will be much appreciated!

Solution
OK, back at the PC now. I managed to reproduce your problem and resolve it with the commands:

bcdedt /set optionsedit yes

bcdedit /deletevalue optionsedit

so try the second of those. If that doesn't do it try

bcdedit /set optionsedit No

I hope one of these works for you. (You didn't waste your time downloading BCDEdit - it's a useful program, particularly if you want to dual-boot, but I couldn't see how to make it solve this problem.)

JzX

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
I'll have a look at the article and report back, thanks!

edit: excuse my lack of understanding with this area but could anyone interpret a reverse procedure from the article? I'm having a hard time

It will be a question of changing the option optionsedit from true to false, or removing it altogether. You use the bcdedit program to do this, but it's not terribly intuitive, and you need to be careful. I can't check this out right now as I'm on my iPad, not my PC; I'll check back later and if no-one else has come up with an answer I'll look further. It may be possible to use the much friendlier EasyBCD program to fix this.

JzX

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Ya I had trouble locating "optionsedit" even using the command "bcdedit/?osloader" , I've downloaded EasyBCD, so I'll see if I can figure something out. As you have mentioned, I'm trying to be as careful as possible to avoid any mis-edits.

Thanks for your help thus far, if the problem still isn't solved, I hope to see you later tonight then.

OK, back at the PC now. I managed to reproduce your problem and resolve it with the commands:

bcdedt /set optionsedit yes

bcdedit /deletevalue optionsedit

so try the second of those. If that doesn't do it try

bcdedit /set optionsedit No

I hope one of these works for you. (You didn't waste your time downloading BCDEdit - it's a useful program, particularly if you want to dual-boot, but I couldn't see how to make it solve this problem.)

Solution

JzX

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
"bcdedit /set optionsedit No" did the trick

Just tested it by shutting down my computer, rebooted after a few minutes and it went right to my desktop after windows screen.

Thanks for your help!

vasuprakash

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
thanks and happy......but i am using dell xps m1330......before when i have this problem there was a beeping sound and stop untill i press enter........now the beeping sound is still there and boot continues without pressing enter...... please solve this problem. :sarcastic:

tcan1337

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011

Just wanted to say, I found this looking for a reason why I got the 'edit boot options' screen on bootup on my stinkpad running windows 7. The second option, bcdedit /set optionsedit No, worked perfectly. Thanks!

tim

divan0w

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
I had the same problem few times and I think that it is happening on people which have a button pressed. Maybe F5 or shift ot something else is making the OS to say this message.

Dee_11

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011

I don't really understand this. Where should I enter all this commands? on the command interface or where?

Status
Not open for further replies.