Graphics card help

Hello, I wonder if I could some advice on a graphics card upgrade. I currently have an HP Media Center PC model number m270n with these specifications:

Motherboard: ASUS P4SD with a uATX form factor, Pentium 4HT 2.8GHz
Video Card: GeForce FX 5200 with 128 MB memory, 8X AGP, with S-Video and DVI out
Power Supply:
Micro ATX-V200HP 200 Watts

I want to upgrade my power supply and Graphics card to these:
PNY GeForce 6800 GS / 256MB GDDR3 / AGP 8x / DVI / VGA / TV Out /

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1782292&Tab=0&NoMapp=0

KDM M6400/7400 400W MicroATX P4 12V Dual Fan Power Supply
http://www.directron.com/directron/m6400.html

Does anyone know if these will be acceptable with my current setup. I'm concerned about the following:

motherboard, which is uATX, and the graphics card says it must be compatiable with an ATX 2.0, is it?

graphics card size, I can't find the dimensions of that card but am concerned that it won't fit

power supply: will that power supply prove acceptable

Thanks very much for reading and answering
4 answers Last reply
More about graphics card help
  1. uATX= MicroATX, and that probably requires a very small power supply. Not sure though, maybe someone else here could help out for sure?

The card is a good choice, everything else looks great.
  2. Yeah, but the power supply he has selected is uATX form factor, so it should work...

The power supply manufacturer says this:
    Quote:
    It will fit most micro ATX cases except those that uses mini-ATX power supplies.

So if the one you currently have is a Micro ATX, and the new one is the same, it should work, no?
  3. Basically, if the power supply is the same physical size as the one you're replacing, it'll work fine.
  4. Thanks for answering.

The dimensions are a little off from my current power supply but I think it will fit. I'm a little concerned about the dimensions of the card and if it will fit in my case. Hopefully it does anyway.

Also is an IDE cable considered a molex dongle?

Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Power Supplies Graphics