PMDG Boeing 737 NG

Hi everyone...

I have always admired the planes from PMDG, but is possible to learn how to
operate such a monster, unless I spend the next 500 hours..

Does all the buttons, gauges, systems and so on have a function??..Is it
really as realistic as they say???

Also do these planes have realistic failure options, not like the ones you
can programme in FS2004, which seem very unrealistic to me..

Hope some of you have experience with these planes....

Thanks

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 00:29:06 +0200, Erik Selde wrote:

> I have always admired the planes from PMDG, but is possible to learn how to
> operate such a monster, unless I spend the next 500 hours..
>
> Does all the buttons, gauges, systems and so on have a function??..Is it
> really as realistic as they say???

I learned most basic operations in about a week, maybe some 12 hours in
total, so if you are really interested and enthusiastic it is no big
problem. As Goran said, print the Tim Metzinger tutorial and make yourself
comfortable in front of your comp. and you will be flying in no time.

Recently on the PMDG forum I also asked how real it is and some real pilots
confirmed it is very very close to the real one. Some simmers even declared
they are sure they would be able to fly the real AC after mastering the
PMDG.

But as for the failures, I didn't even try to practice them. On the forum
they told me that the real difference between simmers and real world pilots
is in their training and experience in how to handle posiible failures. So,
you really might spend the next 500 and more hours to learn that.

Nkd

Goran

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

Download timothy metzingers tutorial. To answer your question, yes, it is
that realistic. The tutorial is about 35MB in size and someone may have it
hosted on their website.
Go to the PMDG forum and ask for it there

"Erik Selde" <erik.selde@mail.dk> wrote in message
> Hi everyone...
>
> I have always admired the planes from PMDG, but is possible to learn how
> to operate such a monster, unless I spend the next 500 hours..
>
> Does all the buttons, gauges, systems and so on have a function??..Is it
> really as realistic as they say???
>
> Also do these planes have realistic failure options, not like the ones you
> can programme in FS2004, which seem very unrealistic to me..
>
> Hope some of you have experience with these planes....
>
> Thanks

TRENDING THREADS