Home Laminating 13 inch prints

I'm wanting to get a home (pouch) laminator to protect up to 13 inch
prints from my Canon i9900 printer. I have seen reasonably priced
pouch laminators that have a 13.5 inch throat which seems to be big
enough to properly laminate a 13 inch print - it seems to properly
laminate that size and seal the edges the pouch would have to be over
13 inches in size, ie use a 13.5 inch pouch. BUT, I cannot seem to
locate SATIN pouches that size (I don't want to use the standard
glossy/shiny type). Any ideas/tips/etc?

"Markeau" <please_reply@news.group> wrote in message
> I'm wanting to get a home (pouch) laminator to protect up to 13 inch
> prints from my Canon i9900 printer. I have seen reasonably priced
> pouch laminators that have a 13.5 inch throat which seems to be big
> enough to properly laminate a 13 inch print - it seems to properly
> laminate that size and seal the edges the pouch would have to be over
> 13 inches in size, ie use a 13.5 inch pouch. BUT, I cannot seem to
> locate SATIN pouches that size (I don't want to use the standard
> glossy/shiny type). Any ideas/tips/etc?

Can't you get wide format satin laminating film on a roll and cut down?...

http://www.pbplastics.com/laminatingfilm.asp?categoryID=99&categoryname=Wide%20Format%20Laminating%20Film

Personally I hate laminating. It should never be used for anything
important.

Klippers

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Personally I hate laminating. It should never be used for anything
important.

I think it all depends on the laminator you are using. If you are using a good quality laminator, such as something from Banner American, you should be fine every time. I think too many people got a bad taste from old inefficient laminators that ruined the item you were laminating.

http://www.officezone.com/lam1.htm