A8N32-Sli Deluxe - onboard sound very anoying!

jonnny

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
I was playing a few games last night, one of which was Quake4.. During the menu of quake4, there is a very bad noise interfierence coming from the speakers/headset... I thought it was just quake4 untill I put music on, I muted the music in WMP and I heard this very anoying noise, and the weirdest thing is... when i stop doing things.. turn off music, games etc.. there's no anoying noise, yet when I even move the mouse... you can hear it, if i drag a window, copy/paste something... this noise apears whenever I move anything! Its not that loud, but its concerning me, this board just cost me £145, and I will be damned if im going to just put this asside & forget about it - considering Ive bought a motherboard at £30 before.. and the sound has been absolutly fine!

I have read quite a few places that this mobo has bad reviews for the onboard sound. The problem is I dont have any space in my PC to add a PCI sound card, nor do I have anymore money for that matter(after spending so much on my new pc).

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this... or is it just something im going to have to get used to?

sirbogey

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
Are you sure you connected the "audio" cables to your case correctly? I had some problems with it initially, causing problems with external speakers... after disconnecting those, the audio worked fine.

Isuldor

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
I am experiencing the same problem with my A8V-E SE. I hear static feedback whenever I move my mouse. I only just noticed it when I put on my headphones (Sony MDR-V700). My case audio connectors are not connected.