Normal Chipset Temperature

emogoch

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2005
What's the normal temperature for the chipset on a DFI nF4 LANPARTY board? Full system specs in signature. System sits in an Antec P180 case.

I run with a 10% overclock (220MHz FSB), and the rest of my system stays pretty cool (between 40 and 45 Celcius), but my chipset reads between 50 and 55.

Thanks

Could be a bad reading. Is the utility you're using to check temps provided by the mobo mfr? Can you check the temps in the BIOS? If yes, then do they concur with your other readings?

emogoch

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2005
Both the BIOS and speedfan report the same approximate tempurature (averages around 52). Chipset fan is also reported to be spinning at 7200 rpm

emogoch

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2005
Thanks wuzy, I'll keep it in mind.

What I really need I think is a different 80 mm fan to toss in my machine. If you know what I'm tlaking about, I've got regular Zalman 80 mm fan sitting in the VGA "duct" above the graphics card right now, but because the fan is like 2 cm thick, it's too big to put one the "outside" of the duct, so it's inside, and only leaves like 2 - 3 mm of room to let air flow. Can you get thinner 80 mm fan's (say 1.5 cm or less), that I could toss in this duct instead? I think that woudl really help the air flow and get the temperature down, since the chipset and graphics card sit right above each other.