Canon head alignment

Does anyone know what it means if the rectangle bars are not complete,
in a Canon I960 head alignment? I know how the alignment works but the
bars are not completing in one color. A nozzle check shows no problem
but it seems like there isn't enough ink to make the bars solid. Again I
understand about picking the best for proper alignment. The top starts
out broken.

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about canon head alignment

    BF wrote:
    > Does anyone know what it means if the rectangle bars are not complete,
    > in a Canon I960 head alignment? I know how the alignment works but the
    > bars are not completing in one color. A nozzle check shows no problem
    > but it seems like there isn't enough ink to make the bars solid. Again I
    > understand about picking the best for proper alignment. The top starts
    > out broken.
    >
    > Thanks

    We have an i9100 and just recently had the same problem. I did the head
    cleaning and it didn't seem to work. I finally took the print head out
    of the printer and removed the ink cartridges. When I looked closely at
    the rubber seats around the port where the ink enters the head from the
    cartridge they looked to be slightly caked up with ink. I took some
    Q-Tips dowsed in water and cleaned the seat areas well then reinstalled
    the cartridges and print head. It has worked great ever since. I think
    that after awhile this area gums up enough to keep the ink tank from
    making a tight seal. This in turn lets in small amounts of air that can
    sporadically interrupt the ink flow to the head. We have printed
    thousands of photographs and other documents with the printer over the
    last year so it didn't surprise me that this might occur. Although we
    use compatible cartridges I think the same thing could easily happen
    with the Canon branded cartridges.

    Michael Johnson, PE wrote:
    > BF wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know what it means if the rectangle bars are not complete,
    >> in a Canon I960 head alignment? I know how the alignment works but the
    >> bars are not completing in one color. A nozzle check shows no problem
    >> but it seems like there isn't enough ink to make the bars solid. Again
    >> I understand about picking the best for proper alignment. The top
    >> starts out broken.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >

    > We have an i9100 and just recently had the same problem. I did the head
    > cleaning and it didn't seem to work. I finally took the print head out
    > of the printer and removed the ink cartridges. When I looked closely at
    > the rubber seats around the port where the ink enters the head from the
    > cartridge they looked to be slightly caked up with ink. I took some
    > Q-Tips dowsed in water and cleaned the seat areas well then reinstalled
    > the cartridges and print head. It has worked great ever since. I think
    > that after awhile this area gums up enough to keep the ink tank from
    > making a tight seal. This in turn lets in small amounts of air that can
    > sporadically interrupt the ink flow to the head. We have printed
    > thousands of photographs and other documents with the printer over the
    > last year so it didn't surprise me that this might occur. Although we
    > use compatible cartridges I think the same thing could easily happen
    > with the Canon branded cartridges.

    Great idea. That makes a lot of sense.

    Thanks
  3. hi i have the pixma ip 4300 and i'm having vertical lines on dvd/cd prints only,text and pictures are ok but dvd prints have some vertical black lines on one side,i did all the cleaning process but still the same,prints are of great finish but with some lines as i stated

    any help?

    thanks
  4. any help?

    :??: :sweat: :sweat: