missing colour on epson 830 photo

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Hi all.

I've an Epson 830 photo printer. But when I print a colour is missing - if i
do a check of the nozzles where each colour is printed in a striped row, one
colour seems to be missing completely. On the strip that prints, its the
second colour from the left, which should be a blueish colour. All others
print perfect, but this is missing completely. This happens on official and
compatible inks. I've tried hundreds (well it feels like hundreds) of 'clean
nozzle' cycles, all to no effect.

Presumably there's some sort of blockage - how can I remove it?

Thanks a million for any advice.

"Johnny8977" <usenet@johnny8977.plus.com**NOSPAM**> wrote in message

> I've an Epson 830 photo printer. But when I print a colour is missing - if i
> do a check of the nozzles where each colour is printed in a striped row, one
> colour seems to be missing completely.

> Presumably there's some sort of blockage - how can I remove it?

instructions for cleaning the system.

Regards,
Bob Headrick

DC

Johnny8977 wrote:
> Hi all.

> I've an Epson 830 photo printer. But when I print a colour is missing - if i
> do a check of the nozzles where each colour is printed in a striped row, one
> colour seems to be missing completely. On the strip that prints, its the
> second colour from the left, which should be a blueish colour. All others
> print perfect, but this is missing completely. This happens on official and
> compatible inks. I've tried hundreds (well it feels like hundreds) of 'clean
> nozzle' cycles, all to no effect.

> Presumably there's some sort of blockage - how can I remove it?

> Thanks a million for any advice.

You are out of blue ink.

Next!

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

"DC" <dcmoose@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> Johnny8977 wrote:
> > Hi all.
>
> > I've an Epson 830 photo printer. But when I print a colour is missing -
if i
> > do a check of the nozzles where each colour is printed in a striped row,
one
> > colour seems to be missing completely. On the strip that prints, its the
> > second colour from the left, which should be a blueish colour. All
others
> > print perfect, but this is missing completely. This happens on official
and
> > compatible inks. I've tried hundreds (well it feels like hundreds) of
'clean
> > nozzle' cycles, all to no effect.
>
> > Presumably there's some sort of blockage - how can I remove it?
>
> > Thanks a million for any advice.
>
> You are out of blue ink.
>
> Next!
>
> --
> DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

On a brand new cartridge?

DC

Johnny8977 wrote:

> "DC" <dcmoose@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>> Johnny8977 wrote:
>> > Hi all.

>> > I've an Epson 830 photo printer. But when I print a colour is missing -
> if i
>> > do a check of the nozzles where each colour is printed in a striped row,
> one
>> > colour seems to be missing completely. On the strip that prints, its the
>> > second colour from the left, which should be a blueish colour. All
> others
>> > print perfect, but this is missing completely. This happens on official
> and
>> > compatible inks. I've tried hundreds (well it feels like hundreds) of
> 'clean
>> > nozzle' cycles, all to no effect.

>> > Presumably there's some sort of blockage - how can I remove it?

>> > Thanks a million for any advice.

>> You are out of blue ink.

> On a brand new cartridge?

Nowhere did you say that it was a new cartridge.

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

if he ran 100 nozzle cleanings on it it isn't...

> Johnny8977 wrote:
>
> > "DC" <dcmoose@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

> > if i
> > one
> > others
> > and
> > 'clean

> >> You are out of blue ink.
>
> > On a brand new cartridge?
>
> Nowhere did you say that it was a new cartridge.
>
> --
> DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

heh heh heh...good point <g>

"doS2k5" <kobo65@hotLEGSmail.com> wrote in message
| if he ran 100 nozzle cleanings on it it isn't...
|
| "DC" <dcmoose@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
| > Johnny8977 wrote:
| >
| > > "DC" <dcmoose@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

| missing -
| > > if i
| row,
| > > one
| the
| > > others
| official
| > > and
of
| > > 'clean

| > > On a brand new cartridge?
| >
| > Nowhere did you say that it was a new cartridge.
| >
| > --
| > DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I was having similar problems with my Epson 1290, but it was always the
Black Cartridge.

What seems to have solved the problem, for me, was taking the Cartridge out,
giving it gentle shake, and putting it back in. That seems to clear the
Air Lock or whatever.

I have no doubt Art will be able to give you a much more technical answer.

Roy

"DC" <dcmoose@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> Johnny8977 wrote:
>> Hi all.
>
>> I've an Epson 830 photo printer. But when I print a colour is missing -
>> if i
>> do a check of the nozzles where each colour is printed in a striped row,
>> one
>> colour seems to be missing completely. On the strip that prints, its the
>> second colour from the left, which should be a blueish colour. All
>> others
>> print perfect, but this is missing completely. This happens on official
>> and
>> compatible inks. I've tried hundreds (well it feels like hundreds) of
>> 'clean
>> nozzle' cycles, all to no effect.
>
>> Presumably there's some sort of blockage - how can I remove it?
>
>> Thanks a million for any advice.
>
> You are out of blue ink.
>
> Next!
>
> --
> DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Email me for a free Epson Cleaning Mnaual which will explain all...

Art