I need to understand winXP a little better in the way
that it operates in a broad sense.
1. When winXP starts what areas of the os are
activated until the desktop is reached.
2. When an application is started by clicking the
mouse, what processes are involved.
3. How does the registry contribute to all of this.

I know that this is a tall order and fairly complex but
what I need is the basic concept for now

Thanks

Hi

1. Start here -
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmc_str_nzwt.asp