Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Mad Mod Mikes Pimping Challenge:

Last response: in CPUs
Share

Can mike do it ?

Total: 52 votes

  • Mad Mod Mike can do anything !, He can do it, Come on mike !
  • 41 %
  • There are sound and well documented reasons why he can not meet this challenge, even if he has the hardware
  • 60 %
March 18, 2006 6:14:44 AM

Mad Mod Mikes Pimping Challenge:

- Build a 1/2-way (1 CPU socket only) system
- Using the Athlon 64 X2 or Opteron 100 series (Model 165 and up)
- Socket 939, or Socket 940
- Using whatever DDR[1]-SDRAM (184 pin) you want (up to DDR-600 speeds), ECC or not, Registered or Unbuffered

or

- Build a 2/4-way (2 CPU socket max) system
- Using Opteron 200 or 800 series (Either single core, or dual-core).
- Socket 940
- Using whatever DDR[1]-SDRAM (184 pin) you want (up to DDR-600 speeds), ECC or not, Registered or Unbuffered. However it is most likely going to be Registered at the very least for this style of system.

Then demonstrate that system performing:

:arrow: Reads faster than writes to system memory using over a 1 GB dataset in memory (his choice)

:arrow: Reading from system memory at 11 GB/sec without using NUMA (Just disable in the BIOS) using SANDRA 2005.SR3 (Benchmark breakdown records each sub-test seperately, so this is possible to extract from the test results).

================================================

Personally, I can not wait to see the results, as he should have this sort of hardware just lying around.

60 days to build said system should be ample, including delays on parts.

Come on Mike, you can do it 8)
March 18, 2006 6:49:25 AM

Quote:
Mad Mod Mikes Pimping Challenge:

- Build a 1/2-way (1 CPU socket only) system
- Using the Athlon 64 X2 or Opteron 100 series (Model 165 and up)
- Socket 939, or Socket 940
- Using whatever DDR[1]-SDRAM (184 pin) you want (up to DDR-600 speeds), ECC or not, Registered or Unbuffered

or

- Build a 2/4-way (2 CPU socket max) system
- Using Opteron 200 or 800 series (Either single core, or dual-core).
- Socket 940
- Using whatever DDR[1]-SDRAM (184 pin) you want (up to DDR-600 speeds), ECC or not, Registered or Unbuffered. However it is most likely going to be Registered at the very least for this style of system.

Then demonstrate that system performing:

:arrow: Reads faster than writes to system memory using over a 1 GB dataset in memory (his choice)

:arrow: Reading from system memory at 11 GB/sec without using NUMA (Just disable in the BIOS) using SANDRA 2005.SR3 (Benchmark breakdown records each sub-test seperately, so this is possible to extract from the test results).

================================================

Personally, I can not wait to see the results, as he should have this sort of hardware just lying around.

60 days to build said system should be ample, including delays on parts.

Come on Mike, you can do it 8)


Good job in getting off fanboyism and moving straight to childish juvinilism...now you set the forums back ANOTHER 2 years...

BTW: When you posted "60 days to build said system should be ample," it's spelled "SED" in that context, not "SAID".

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 18, 2006 7:03:29 AM

Quote:


BTW: When you posted "60 days to build said system should be ample," it's spelled "SED" in that context, not "SAID".

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time


http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sed

No, it appears my grammar is correct.

Normally if I make a mistake it'll be a single letter typo, like 'contract' or 'contrast' (two very different words). As 'c' and 's' are close to each other on the keyboard.

Still, as a news reporter (at least in this thread :p ), what comments do you have regarding your latest challenge Mad Mod Mike ?

Surely you are so awesome as to be able to do this.

I'll just stick with my 2 x 6.4 GB NUMA nodes.

Damn it dude, 100% of voters think you can't do this. What do you have to say to those naysayers Mad Mod Mike ?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 18, 2006 7:07:09 AM

Quote:


BTW: When you posted "60 days to build said system should be ample," it's spelled "SED" in that context, not "SAID".

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time


http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sed

No, it appears my grammar is correct.

Normally if I make a mistake it'll be a single letter typo, like 'contract' or 'contrast' (two very different words). As 'c' and 's' are close to each other on the keyboard.

Still, as a news reporter (at least in this thread :p ), what comments do you have regarding your latest challenge Mad Mod Mike ?

Surely you are so awesome as to be able to do this.

I'll just stick with my 2 x 6.4 GB NUMA nodes.

What's more sad is you attempting to correct me...that won't be in a dictionary buddy. BTW, the more you post, the more I begin to wonder if you're like, 15 years old, or just a 30 yr old who tries to sound "cool" and "leet" on a forum...hmm..I should research this for an hour like you.

EDIT: It seems you have taken a personal vendetta against me, not sure why, as we both seem to support some common causes, but you're trying too hard to always be right...I sense a narcissistic personality, make sure to google that and check my posts for spelling. Thanks bud!

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 18, 2006 7:12:43 AM

So are you rejecting the challange Mad Mod Mike ?

You appear to be implying you do not want to pimp the worlds rigs one at a time... is this correct ?

Is this the end of Mad Mod Mike ?

Has the Intel Conroe performance affected your spirt towards pimping rigs in any way ?

You have indicated in other threads ( http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?nam... ) that this is possible Mad Mod Mike ?, are you now taking those words back ?, Do you feel taking posts back time after time, and editing them will have a negative impact on your character as a whole ?

Surely Mad Mod Mike knows what was in the previous thread ?, What do you want to say to all your fans regarding this ..... disturbing news Mike ?

Does it bother you that no-one voted for you in the polls ?, What is planned for your next campaign ?

Are you not aware Google is a search engine and not a spell-checker Mad Mod Mike ?




Please note I have nothing against your character, and I don't want this Mad Mod Mike exclusive to give the wrong impression.
March 18, 2006 7:16:06 AM

Quote:
So are you rejecting the challange Mad Mod Mike ?

You appear to be implying you do not want to pimp the worlds rigs one at a time... is this correct ?

Is this the end of Mad Mod Mike ?

Has the Intel Conroe performance affected your spirt towards pimping rigs in any way ?

You have indicated in other threads ( http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?nam... ) that this is possible Mad Mod Mike ?, are you now taking those words back ?, Do you feel taking posts back time after time, and editing them will have a negative impact on your character as a whole ?

Surely Mad Mod Mike knows what was in the previous thread ?, What do you want to say to all your fans regarding this ..... disturbing news Mike ?

Does it bother you that no-one voted for you in the polls ?, What is planned for your next campaign ?


Wow...just pure wow...I gotta give more credit to Ycon, he doesn't play the "Sarcasm Extreme" role like you do, he just comes out and says "MMM, you're gay", which at least gets to the point, but rather you would go to google.com, amd.com, wikipedia.com, etc. and write me an essay like LTDATA does using tech docs that you probably don't understand half of it, your brain's going "W-T-F is this sh!t?! but I gotta get this out so I can beat MMM cuz he's so much better than me!" and you brain warps into millions of celeron processors that implode into each other and morph into something worth talking to...oooooo disssssss :roll:

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 18, 2006 7:18:04 AM

Quote:
you not aware Google is a search engine and not a spell-checker Mad Mod Mike ?


Haha, you're wrong again. Type in an incorrect spelling and 9 times out of 10, it will ask you if you meant the real word :lol: .

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 18, 2006 7:28:20 AM

LOL for once im taking MadModmike's side. Get a Life and leave the technology that you pretend to understand to the PAID Professionals like myself and MMM " assumption ??"
March 18, 2006 7:30:11 AM

Quote:
LOL for once im taking MadModmike's side. Get a Life and leave the technology that you pretend to understand to the PAID Professionals like myself and MMM " assumption ??"


I wouldn't call anybody on these forums a professional. Professionals spend too much time managing networks and making money, rather than posting on forums how much more "l33t" they are than somebody else, as is the case with Tabris trying to best me, it's quite humorous.... I got a LAN party to go to in 6 hours and I haven't slept yet...grr....at least UPS arrived and I got my 4-Pin PSU Extender Cable so I can fit my 2nd PSU inside my case for all my fans, ^_^.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 18, 2006 7:44:08 AM

I find this post hilarious! (not support either side, just a fan of the bantering)
Kind of like those volkswagon commericals (that play here atleast) where they show the "wanna-be G's" with their hot "pimped" cars, then sie germans find some witty comment and way to destroy their car with a GTI
March 18, 2006 9:06:17 AM

Quote:
LOL for once im taking MadModmike's side. Get a Life and leave the technology that you pretend to understand to the PAID Professionals like myself and MMM " assumption ??"


http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?nam...

Mike said he can do the stuff I am mentioning in this thread, in passing in the above thread ^, so now I am asking him to do it, and giving him 60 days to build said system above. (Mostly he is in control of the outcome of this thread, not me).

CAN HE PULL IT OFF ?

Or don't you two build enough systems between yourselves to benchmark just one ?

You claim to pimp rigs, now I want to see you do just that, pimp a rig.

What,.... now you claim you don't actually pimp rigs ?

Is Google so smart to correct spelling due to the fact that they are now using Opterons with NUMA ?, Mad Mod Mike what is your stance on Google using Opterons ?

================================================

We have some anonymous quotes come in from callers right now:


"He has never even built a Opteron 200 system with NUMA, not even one (that I can see on these forums, and he would've bragged about it anyway)." - Anonymous

"If people at AMD didn't document what they do, neither of you two would even have a company to be fanboys of. :roll: .No doubt you'll have some smart-ass remark about AMD documenting what they do next." - Anonymous


Mad Mod Mike, what do you have to say in response to these wild allegations ?
March 18, 2006 10:18:53 AM

Quote:
Mad Mod Mikes Pimping Challenge:

- Build a 1/2-way (1 CPU socket only) system
- Using the Athlon 64 X2 or Opteron 100 series (Model 165 and up)
- Socket 939, or Socket 940
- Using whatever DDR[1]-SDRAM (184 pin) you want (up to DDR-600 speeds), ECC or not, Registered or Unbuffered

or

- Build a 2/4-way (2 CPU socket max) system
- Using Opteron 200 or 800 series (Either single core, or dual-core).
- Socket 940
- Using whatever DDR[1]-SDRAM (184 pin) you want (up to DDR-600 speeds), ECC or not, Registered or Unbuffered. However it is most likely going to be Registered at the very least for this style of system.

Then demonstrate that system performing:

:arrow: Reads faster than writes to system memory using over a 1 GB dataset in memory (his choice)

:arrow: Reading from system memory at 11 GB/sec without using NUMA (Just disable in the BIOS) using SANDRA 2005.SR3 (Benchmark breakdown records each sub-test seperately, so this is possible to extract from the test results).

================================================

Personally, I can not wait to see the results, as he should have this sort of hardware just lying around.

60 days to build said system should be ample, including delays on parts.

Come on Mike, you can do it 8)

humm... this thread should be awarded with "the most ridiculous, pointless intel fanboy being extremely childish thread of 2006".
hey man.. when people tell you to grow up, GROW UP! what you're doing right now is just defending your childishness.
March 18, 2006 11:05:29 AM

Tabris WTH are you doing? Even I'm Not this Stupid to Start a Fourm on a Devoted member like Mad Mod Mike. Ok he's cool and all but Yo whats with this Fourm. I just changed my Look You like`~? LOL i dont give a damn if you dont.
March 18, 2006 11:21:48 AM

Frankly most people regard childishness as saying you can do something, then not being able doing it.

That and believing the technically inaccurate. :p 

(Looks up)

Yeah, Darth Vader is 'cool', except at the end of ep III.
a c 99 à CPUs
March 18, 2006 11:34:57 AM

That is a pretty hard challenge to meet. If you use DDR600 in dual-channel, you get 9.6GB/sec *total maximum* memory bandwidth. So you obviously can't get 11GB/sec out of it. Heck, you have to have memory with at least a speed of DDR688 or DDR2-688 assuming zero overhead.

I bet that most systems need at least DDR2-1000 to get 11GB/sec due to memory controller latencies, etc. I doubt that DDR2-800 would do it as it does have 12.8GB/sec in dual-channel mode, but the latencies and other would likely not let both reads and writes both hit 11GB/sec repeatedly.

So this is a physically impossibly test, at least for the single-socket arena. If NUMA is turned off, then the 2nd CPU in a dual rig can't aggregate memory from the first socket, so it is impossible with two sockets too.
a b à CPUs
March 18, 2006 12:08:01 PM

When I first read the header, I thought, "Neat, MMM is throwing out a challenge to the forums. I wonder what Mike has in mind. At the very least, should be interesting."

But then, I read this and..WOW...what's up with this...c'mon Tabris...you must really have nothing better to do...I thought you were just a dumass after reading your posts in the thread about posting limits...but this, this has you officially promoted from dumass to douche bag!

It seems that Tabris does need a life and I say we take up a collection to get at least enough money to get him drunk and a girl for the night, or man...whichever Tabris prefers...
March 18, 2006 1:33:51 PM

Quote:
That is a pretty hard challenge to meet. If you use DDR600 in dual-channel, you get 9.6GB/sec *total maximum* memory bandwidth. So you obviously can't get 11GB/sec out of it. Heck, you have to have memory with at least a speed of DDR688 or DDR2-688 assuming zero overhead.

I bet that most systems need at least DDR2-1000 to get 11GB/sec due to memory controller latencies, etc. I doubt that DDR2-800 would do it as it does have 12.8GB/sec in dual-channel mode, but the latencies and other would likely not let both reads and writes both hit 11GB/sec repeatedly.

So this is a physically impossibly test, at least for the single-socket arena. If NUMA is turned off, then the 2nd CPU in a dual rig can't aggregate memory from the first socket, so it is impossible with two sockets too.


He meant it to insult me because I guess I said something mean to him by saying "Not meaning to insult you, but you don't know alot about Opteron 64's". That statement made him PMS.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 18, 2006 2:40:25 PM

Quote:
That is a pretty hard challenge to meet. If you use DDR600 in dual-channel, you get 9.6GB/sec *total maximum* memory bandwidth. So you obviously can't get 11GB/sec out of it. Heck, you have to have memory with at least a speed of DDR688 or DDR2-688 assuming zero overhead.

I bet that most systems need at least DDR2-1000 to get 11GB/sec due to memory controller latencies, etc. I doubt that DDR2-800 would do it as it does have 12.8GB/sec in dual-channel mode, but the latencies and other would likely not let both reads and writes both hit 11GB/sec repeatedly.

So this is a physically impossibly test, at least for the single-socket arena. If NUMA is turned off, then the 2nd CPU in a dual rig can't aggregate memory from the first socket, so it is impossible with two sockets too.


Exactly..... finally someone with a brain.

Now, check what MMM claimed he could do in the thread I linked to above it, and will link again here:
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?nam...
- I mean this is a computer / IT forum, so I was expecting the 1st or 2nd person (other than MMM) to notice this. Perhaps I give people too much credit. :roll:

As for the other replies "Think of me as you will, the Internet is virtual, and we are likely 1000km or more apart", just try not to get too annoyed with me, as I was just waiting for a brain (and one just walked in, his avatar sort of gives it away)... Still this thread is part comedy, part technical,... which is better than being 'all technical' (and ppl got annoyed at me for that, however I do have 'fan private messages' from a few ppl already). 8) (bling, bling). It isn't like we can physically hurt each other via this medium, if we could I'd never quit http://www.virtualbattlespace.com :wink:

PS: If you are serious about the free night out with booze and a girl, I am available. 8) :lol:  :twisted: - hehehe

At least this thread doesn't really class as a personal attack, unlike someones posts .... 'parody' would be a more accurate term.

Point is, we can all get along, esp with my new Firefox plugin. 8)
March 18, 2006 2:45:09 PM

Uhm..I actually DIDNT say I could do that, but since you're an incompetent narcissistic idiot, you think that.

"some Opteron 64 boards have 2 sets of DIMM's which give it 2 Memory Controllers effectively. That's another reason why Opties can bust out 11GB/s Memory Bandwidth @ DDR400" - That's what I said pal, and that isn't what you're saying..hm...pwneD? Yes sir, I believe you are.

You: "as I was just waiting for a brain. " - That's because you severly lack one of those, I would suggest going to your local Wal-Mart and buying one, I'm sure they're on Rollback.

"Last edited by TabrisDarkPeace on Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total" - How come you go back and add a few more paragraphs of babbling nonsense to your posts after you finish? Are you that eager to get a post out to contradict me? Hmm..

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 18, 2006 2:58:40 PM

Ignore him Mike; we all know Tabris is an idiot.
March 18, 2006 3:01:33 PM

Quote:
Ignore him Mike; we all know Tabris is an idiot.


I realized that after I read a few posts and every...single...one....was...a....freakin...essay!!!! I can't stand these posters who write essays...are they just trying to sound cool or are they really thinking people read the entire post and are gonna give him a grade on a eSchool?

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 18, 2006 3:09:53 PM

Quote:
Ignore him Mike; we all know Tabris is an idiot.


Have a long hard look at:
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?nam...

Quote me saying something obviously technically incorrect in that thread, then try doing the same for Mike.

I am just setting up filtering for the forum, that is all. :wink:

Far easier to quote Mike time and time again, perhaps because he rushes explanations, or didn't word things clearly the first time and it leads to confusion. He used a diagram, but I would like to see him use a white paper or tech doc from AMD once in a while too, and show his real passion for the company.

Got nothing against him, as I've already said, enjoy many of the threads he raises myself, and agree he has contributed to the forums in general, but I doubt the guy has ever read a TechDoc or WhitePaper from AMD in his life :p  ..... and for someone with as much potential, and and such a large supporter of AMD, I find that to be a shame. He could get a job at AMD just with his passion alone.... just surprised he doesn't.

That's all.
March 18, 2006 3:11:00 PM

TabrisDarkPeace ... whoa man, way to be gay. So he doesnt copy his info from amd.com and sit there hours reading stuff that in the end doesnt matter. You need to read less and read more... as said by mike :p 
March 18, 2006 3:11:25 PM

Quote:
Ignore him Mike; we all know Tabris is an idiot.


Have a long hard look at:
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?nam...

Quote me saying something obviously technically incorrect in that thread, then try doing the same for Mike.

I am just setting up filtering for the forum, that is all. :wink:

Far easier to quote Mike time and time again, perhaps because he rushes explanations, or didn't word things clearly the first time and it leads to confusion. He used a diagram, but I would like to see he use a white paper or tech doc from AMD once in a while too, and show his real passion for the company.

Got nothing against him, as I've already said, enjoy many of the threads he raises myself, and agree he has contributed to the forums in general, but I doubt the guy has ever read a TechDoc or WhitePaper from AMD in his life :p  ..... and for someone with as much potential, and and such a large supporter of AMD, I find that to be a shame. He could get a job at AMD just with his passion alone.... just surprised he doesn't.

That's all.

Jesus you're a moron :roll:

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 18, 2006 3:13:54 PM

Quote:
TabrisDarkPeace ... whoa man, way to be gay. So he doesnt copy his info from amd.com and sit there hours reading stuff that in the end doesnt matter. You need to read less and read more... as said by mike :p 


It's "Read Less, Learn More" :p  but it's good to have people who aren't stuck-up narcissistic morons on these forums (Have you looked that up on Google yet Tabris? Make sure I spelled it correctly and I used it in the right context?). I didn't mean to insult Tabris, which I EXPLICITLY SAID "I don't mean to insult you, but ..." and he can't take a friendly debate, but rather turns it into his narcissistic posting.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 18, 2006 3:19:36 PM

Provide me with proof of your 11 GB/sec burst claim, and I'll acknowledge you are a better man than I.

.... and by the looks of it, that is all you really care about, you don't care about pimping rigs at all, it is just a sugarcoating / image thing you present to others on the Internet.

I still enjoy reading some of your threads though, but spreading non accurate information to someone, who spreads it to someone else, etc, etc is only hurting the image of the company you support so much.

Why do you think so many people, especially in business where every dollar counts, do not buy AMD systems ?

(a) Because of the word of mouth info being spread that large business hear from 'fanboys' and know to be technically incorrect discourage them from bulk ordering.

As people have mentioned to me, It is suspected (by some) that you may actually be an Intel plant, trying to make AMD look bad on a large public forum, in order to reduce AMD market share. If there is any truth to it you have selected the perfect guise to present to the world.
March 18, 2006 3:22:19 PM

Quote:
Provide me with proof of your 11 GB/sec burst claim, and I'll acknowledge you are a better man than I.

.... and by the looks of it, that is all you really care about, you don't care about pimping rigs at all, it is just a sugarcoating / image thing you present to others on the Internet.

I still enjoy reading some of your threads though, but spreading non accurate information to someone, who spreads it to someone else, etc, etc is only hurting the image of the company you support so much.

Why do you think so many people, especially in busiess where every dollar counts, do not buy AMD systems ?

(a) Because of the word of mouth info being spread that large business hear from 'fanboys' and know to be technically incorrect discourage them from bulk ordering.

As people have mentioned to me, It is suspected (by some) that you may actually be an Intel plant, trying to make AMD look bad on a large public forum, in order to reduce AMD market share. If there is any truth to it you have selected the perfect guise to present to the world.


Wow...you seriously need to open your eyes buddy. I never claimed I can get 11GB/s Burst, but w/ DDR667 (Overclocking of course) using OCZ vX Series, I bet I could.

As for the rest of your post, I am not respond to that because that is more juvenile crap that I would expect from somebody like you.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 18, 2006 3:28:32 PM

Quote:

"some Opteron 64 boards have 2 sets of DIMM's which give it 2 Memory Controllers effectively. That's another reason why Opties can bust out 11GB/s Memory Bandwidth @ DDR400" - That's what I said pal, and that isn't what you're saying..hm...pwneD? Yes sir, I believe you are.


So you are implying, or indicating with the above, that without NUMA, you can get 11 GB/sec.

I can quote it from other sources too, are you going to go back and edit / change what you said on each one ?, (We could be here quite awhile if that is your agenda).

I suspect you are failing to see how NUMA is the most vital part of the AMD Direct Connect Architecture, as without it, performance doesn't scale in a linear manner.

Also, it is good to see we are finally back on the technical notes, as this is an IT / computer forum for discussion of IT / computer technical matters is it not ?

8)
March 18, 2006 3:32:09 PM

Quote:

"some Opteron 64 boards have 2 sets of DIMM's which give it 2 Memory Controllers effectively. That's another reason why Opties can bust out 11GB/s Memory Bandwidth @ DDR400" - That's what I said pal, and that isn't what you're saying..hm...pwneD? Yes sir, I believe you are.


So you are implying, or indicating with the above, that without NUMA, you can get 11 GB/sec.

I can quote it from other sources too, are you going to go back and edit / change what you said on each one ?, (We could be here quite awhile if that is your agenda).

I suspect you are failing to see how NUMA is the most vital part of the AMD Direct Connect Architecture, as without it, performance doesn't scale in a linear manner.

Also, it is good to see we are finally back on the technical notes, as this is an IT / computer forum for discussion of IT / computer technical matters is it not ?

8)

If what I said makes you think I'm implying that without NUMA..you are SEVERLY obsessed with NUMA...wow...that's worse than being obsessed with Pokemon..wow :roll:

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 18, 2006 3:34:44 PM

Which NUMA - National Underwater and Marine Agency or Numa Numa Dance or NUMA(Non-Uniform Memory Access) Lol.
March 18, 2006 3:37:19 PM

Quote:
Which NUMA - National Underwater and Marine Agency or Numa Numa Dance or NUMA(Non-Uniform Memory Access) Lol.


I think he means National Underground Morons Association. lol I made a funny ^_^.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 18, 2006 3:44:42 PM

hehehe - back to parody.

At least someone knows how to research, read more and learn more.

Reading less generally indicates someone learns less, or is just plain lazy.
One to two line posts would imply laziness, and a desire for post count only.

Dude, go over what you wrote at: http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?nam... ; you have got to see the irony at least. You claim something different on every other post.

When someone like you says 'integrated' people are going to automatically assume you mean 'integrated' like the memory controller is.

Then you go and bash NUMA.

Now you are back here saying that without NUMA the whole system wouldn't scale aswell.

You appear to be reading less than others, learning less than others, possibly learning as you go along then going back and changing things, and barely able to keep up with the 25%-40% of people that actually use these forums the way Tom Pabst intended.

Hell, you are the one preaching the tactic to "Read Less...", not me, while somehow "Learning more".

I say, "Read even more, learn even more, and leave new plugin on 24/7"

================================================

Here is a good one: (Since we are going nowhere fast, with the tactic you're suggesting).



Reporter: "Last year Mike claimed he was 28 years old...."
.....
Reporter: "This year he claims to be 29 years old...."

Reporter: "Well Mike, which is it ?, Better get your facts straight"
March 18, 2006 3:47:28 PM

Quote:
hehehe - back to parody.

At least someone knows how to research, read more and learn more.

Reading less generally indicates someone learns less, or is just plain lazy.
One to two line posts would imply laziness, and a desire for post count only.

Dude, go over what you wrote at: http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?nam... ; you have got to see the irony at least. You claim something different on every other post.

When someone like you says 'integrated' people are going to automatically assume you mean 'integrated' like the memory controller is.

Then you go and bash NUMA.

Now you are back here saying that without NUMA the whole system wouldn't scale aswell.

You appear to be reading less than others, learning less than others, possibly learning as you go along then going back and changing things, and barely able to keep up with the 25%-40% of people that actually use these forums the way Tom Pabst intended.

Hell, you are the one preaching the tactic to "Read Less...", not me, while somehow "Learning more".

I say, "Read even more, learn even more, and leave new plugin on 24/7"

================================================

Here is a good one: (Since we are going nowhere fast, with the tactic you're suggesting).



Reporter: "Last year Mike claimed he was 28 years old...."
.....
Reporter: "This year he claims to be 29 years old...."

Reporter: "Well Mike, which is it ?, Better get your facts straight"


I'm speechless...and I think others on these forums are too...wow...I'm done in this thread...no sense in talking to a brick wall :roll:.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 18, 2006 4:03:44 PM

Quote:

I wouldn't call anybody on these forums a professional. Professionals spend too much time managing networks and making money, rather than posting on forums how much more "l33t" they are than somebody else, as is the case with Tabris trying to best me, it's quite humorous.... I got a LAN party to go to in 6 hours and I haven't slept yet...grr....at least UPS arrived and I got my 4-Pin PSU Extender Cable so I can fit my 2nd PSU inside my case for all my fans, ^_^.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time


So you never had a LAN party to go to either, or you would've slept, and you'd be at it now, and unable to make posts while travelling to it.

Having 2 PSUs for a huge number of fans is such a waste of electricity.

"at least UPS arrived and I got my 4-Pin PSU Extender Cable so I can fit my 2nd PSU inside my case" - How is this even related to your claims ?, Sorry you are trying to sound 'cool', my mistake. :roll:

How does it feel to be tied up by a bot for several hours defending yourself ?

[Shutdown kicking in in 5 min- Have a nice day Mike 8) - Mission complete]
March 18, 2006 4:06:05 PM

Quote:

I wouldn't call anybody on these forums a professional. Professionals spend too much time managing networks and making money, rather than posting on forums how much more "l33t" they are than somebody else, as is the case with Tabris trying to best me, it's quite humorous.... I got a LAN party to go to in 6 hours and I haven't slept yet...grr....at least UPS arrived and I got my 4-Pin PSU Extender Cable so I can fit my 2nd PSU inside my case for all my fans, ^_^.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time


So you never had a LAN party to go to either, or you would've slept, and you'd be at it now, and unable to make posts while travelling to it.

Having 2 PSUs for a huge number of fans is such a waste of electricity.

"at least UPS arrived and I got my 4-Pin PSU Extender Cable so I can fit my 2nd PSU inside my case" - How is this even related to your claims ?, Sorry you are trying to sound 'cool', my mistake. :roll:

How does it feel to be tied up by a bot for several hours defending yourself ?

[Shutdown kicking in in 5 min- Have a nice day Mike 8) - Mission complete]

LOL I know I said I would leave this thread, but I noticed something too hillarious not to post. You, LOL, went to all my posts and voted for 1 star, is somebody mad ;) ? LOL @ U!! LOL that is too freakin' hillarious, LOL. Okay, I'm done..BWAAAAA!!! LOL!

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 18, 2006 5:20:48 PM

wow u guys are retards. im 11 yrs old, dude i built a system and even im not stupid enough to challenge madmike. and wat about money used for it. do u have 1000$ to waste for some retard fanboy who wants to challenge u? no? i thought so. and btw, if he does it, then wat.othing, just proof for a little bored retard. :x
March 18, 2006 5:36:33 PM

well, first of all, if you wanna prove anything here, post some benchmarks of your machine. At least when I talk about my overclocking experience, I post pics of benchmarks for everyone to see. I know you don't really have anything to prove to this guy but, show us some pics or something.

On another note, if you have to run two PSU's for that machine with all of those fans, why would anyone (not necessarily you although, I have seen posts of yours) bash Intel for heat and thermal index problems? By the sounds of it man, your using more electricity than all of my Intel machines combined.
March 18, 2006 5:40:57 PM

Quote:
Mad Mod Mikes Pimping Challenge:


This is just chap flame bait. When I first saw the title, I thought it was Mike issuing a challenge, which would have been cool. I'm sure the ground rules he would have set would have been fair and reasonable. For you to single him out is a poor releflection on your desperate need to put someone else down. From what I've seen, Mike has studied and worked hard to learn system optimization - and perhaps more importantly to this forum - he's very willing to share the benefits of his sweat and tears. You could learn from that example.
March 18, 2006 5:48:21 PM

I do tend to agree with what your saying here so don't take this the wrong way.

What I think the problem is and actually is a rather valid point, Mike gives the impression that he can get the most out of any machine. He portrays himself as a computer expert as far as 'modding' and overclocking. The other problem too is, he does tend to bash people alot despite the fact that he does give some very good information from time to time.

My whole point here is this, if your gonna talk the talk, post the bulk meaning, you wanna portray yourself as being a moddest computer expert of any type, be prepared to show your works. I talk about overclocking all the time and show my work to everybody. I have never seen anything from Mike at all in regards to his machine.

I'm not trying to be negative here in any way don't get me wrong and nobody has anything to prove. Just don't talk smack and smack people around if your not true to your words. Believe me, i'm no expert but at least I show everybody here my works.
March 18, 2006 6:22:25 PM

Quote:
What's more sad is you attempting to correct me...


A correct way of saying that would be, "What's more sad is your attempting to correct me..."

Yes, that's your and not you're (think of attempting as an object of sorts). However, Mike's sentence has sadly common, though poor, grammar.
March 18, 2006 6:30:03 PM

Quote:
I do tend to agree with what your saying here so don't take this the wrong way.

What I think the problem is and actually is a rather valid point, Mike gives the impression that he can get the most out of any machine. He portrays himself as a computer expert as far as 'modding' and overclocking. The other problem too is, he does tend to bash people alot despite the fact that he does give some very good information from time to time.

My whole point here is this, if your gonna talk the talk, post the bulk meaning, you wanna portray yourself as being a moddest computer expert of any type, be prepared to show your works. I talk about overclocking all the time and show my work to everybody. I have never seen anything from Mike at all in regards to his machine.

I'm not trying to be negative here in any way don't get me wrong and nobody has anything to prove. Just don't talk smack and smack people around if your not true to your words. Believe me, i'm no expert but at least I show everybody here my works.


I think mostly it's because of my name. I'm not trying to come off as some bloated expert, and I never said I CAN get the most out of any machine, but I certainly try to. I'm just a guy who likes to mod rigs and get the best bang for my buck. Sure, I may post some flame posts sometimes, but who doesn't? I'm human, I can get mad or say stupid things too. I'm not trying to "talk smack" and didn't think I did, but I just took some pics of my rig and would take some benches, but right now, my ASUS A8N-SLI has given me a 232MHz Overclocking Wall. I'm in the process of ordering a DFI LanParty nF4 and plan to hit 3GHz, hopefully.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 18, 2006 6:30:52 PM

Quote:
What's more sad is you attempting to correct me...


A correct way of saying that would be, "What's more sad is your attempting to correct me..."

Yes, that's your and not you're (think of attempting as an object of sorts). However, Mike's sentence has sadly common, though poor, grammar.

Uhm...no?

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 18, 2006 6:45:56 PM

That's cool man. Just want to point out too that I didn't say you said you could get the most out of your machine, it's just that you imply it buy like you said, your name and the way you present yourself. There's certainly nothing wrong with that at all. Basically, I was just saying that if you wanna shut these people up, just show em what you got and let pics and benchmarks speak for themselves.
March 18, 2006 6:47:46 PM

Quote:
That's cool man. Just want to point out too that I didn't say you said you could get the most out of your machine, it's just that you imply it buy like you said, your name and the way you present yourself. There's certainly nothing wrong with that at all. Basically, I was just saying that if you wanna shut these people up, just show em what you got and let pics and benchmarks speak for themselves.


Once I get my new mobo and new vid card (Possibly 7900GTX or x1900XTX) in a week or 2, I'll post some more benchmarks. When I get home, I'll post some benches of my current setup.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 18, 2006 7:17:16 PM

Quote:
Mad Mod Mikes Pimping Challenge:

- Build a 1/2-way (1 CPU socket only) system
- Using the Athlon 64 X2 or Opteron 100 series (Model 165 and up)
- Socket 939, or Socket 940
- Using whatever DDR[1]-SDRAM (184 pin) you want (up to DDR-600 speeds), ECC or not, Registered or Unbuffered

or

- Build a 2/4-way (2 CPU socket max) system
- Using Opteron 200 or 800 series (Either single core, or dual-core).
- Socket 940
- Using whatever DDR[1]-SDRAM (184 pin) you want (up to DDR-600 speeds), ECC or not, Registered or Unbuffered. However it is most likely going to be Registered at the very least for this style of system.

Then demonstrate that system performing:

:arrow: Reads faster than writes to system memory using over a 1 GB dataset in memory (his choice)

:arrow: Reading from system memory at 11 GB/sec without using NUMA (Just disable in the BIOS) using SANDRA 2005.SR3 (Benchmark breakdown records each sub-test seperately, so this is possible to extract from the test results).

================================================

Personally, I can not wait to see the results, as he should have this sort of hardware just lying around.

60 days to build said system should be ample, including delays on parts.

Come on Mike, you can do it 8)


First the thread about limiting people to 10 posts a day, then this. What is with you lately?? Maybe if you spent less time causing trouble and more time following your own proposed restraints (11 posts already today to this pointless thread, so you are done for today. :twisted: ), this forum wouldn't have te problems you seem to think it has.
March 18, 2006 8:04:17 PM

Quote:
Arrogance will get anyone into trouble.


Yea..you can just stop posting in this thread because you as well with Tabris have nothing good to say...yea....

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 18, 2006 8:19:37 PM

8O
March 18, 2006 8:59:43 PM

Mike - I've got one thing to say to you:

You owe everything to Intel with what you so love today; If it wasnt for Intel making a micrprocessor in the first place,.. AMD would never have entered the microprocessor business and it'd still be making carpet. Because the owner of AMD at the time was a carpet maker. He decided to switch businesses after seeing what Intel was doing.

As much as you trash Intel and hate them (and they may have products that are currently inferior to AMD) - be gad they are what they are. It could a whole lot worse for AMD.

This is in no way an attack on you. This is someone pointing out ceratin undeniable facts.
March 18, 2006 9:05:32 PM

Quote:
Mike - I've got one thing to say to you:

You owe everything to Intel with what you so love today; If it wasnt for Intel making a micrprocessor in the first place,.. AMD would never have entered the microprocessor business and it'd still be making carpet. Because the owner of AMD at the time was a carpet maker. He decided to switch businesses after seeing what Intel was doing.

As much as you trash Intel and hate them (and they may have products that are currently inferior to AMD) - be gad they are what they are. It could a whole lot worse for AMD.

This is in no way an attack on you. This is someone pointing out ceratin undeniable facts.


micrprocessor <LOL
gad<LOL
ceratin<LOL
I have no Life<LOL DUDE SCAN THAT ENGLISH THROUGH A SPELLCHECK IM JUST RECOMMENDING THAT BECAUSE I DON'T SPELL CHECK SOMETIMES>
March 18, 2006 9:17:26 PM

Quote:
I do tend to agree with what your saying here so don't take this the wrong way.

What I think the problem is and actually is a rather valid point, Mike gives the impression that he can get the most out of any machine. He portrays himself as a computer expert as far as 'modding' and overclocking. The other problem too is, he does tend to bash people alot despite the fact that he does give some very good information from time to time.

My whole point here is this, if your gonna talk the talk, post the bulk meaning, you wanna portray yourself as being a moddest computer expert of any type, be prepared to show your works. I talk about overclocking all the time and show my work to everybody. I have never seen anything from Mike at all in regards to his machine.

I'm not trying to be negative here in any way don't get me wrong and nobody has anything to prove. Just don't talk smack and smack people around if your not true to your words. Believe me, i'm no expert but at least I show everybody here my works.


First off, I'm pretty thick-skinned about newsgroups and forums. If I get flamed, it normally makes me laugh that someone would even bother. Polite discussion like yours is always welcome.

I'd have to do some searching, but I have seen Mike post details about his sytem and the benches he's achieved. Personally, I don't take handles too seriously, so I haven't attached any particular standard of pimpage to Mike's. Sure, I've seen him flame a bit and I've roasted my share of sometimes unsuspecting folks and know that Kharmic revenge is alive and well on the Internet. I guess I respond a bit more critically (like here) when the apparent intent of a thread is just to single out and ridicule one person.

Regarding the overall theme without any personal insults, I'd welcome it in a big way. Something like this: pick a few price points, say $500, 700, 1K, 1.5K, etc., and ask people to post what they got, how much it cost and how it benches. I'd be down in the noise on that kind of comp since I have a bunch of expensive HDs and have not progressed far in the OC path just yet. But we're just starting another project that will be more focused and limited that should come in around 1K so maybe we can break 50 percentile on that puppy. Competition is great and if the dollar amount is the reference point, it really levels the playing field with all biases and philosophies getting tested - mobo, CPU and graphics most notably. Too bad that many would choose not to participate because it could be a very powerful learning process.
!