How to make duplex setting the default

I have a LaserJet 2300d (on XP and win2k) and would like the default to be
two-sided printing. For any given print job, I can change the setting, but
it involves a) remembering to do so and b) multiple clicks on the
preferences dialog. I can save the settings as a "Print task quick set", but
that doesn't really help. Seems I can't change the default quick set.

Any ideas greatly appreciated...Mike

"Mike Kraley" <mike@kraley.com> wrote in message
>I have a LaserJet 2300d (on XP and win2k) and would like the default to be
>two-sided printing. For any given print job, I can change the setting, but it
>involves a) remembering to do so and b) multiple clicks on the preferences
>dialog.

To set the defaults open the printers folder, select the LaserJet 2300d and
then set the printing properties you want. If you set the properties from
within an application it will only apply until you close that application.

regards,

TRENDING THREADS