Motorola Ad Pokes Fun at Apple's Maps Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

In other news, Apple pokes fun at Motorola's Motorola problem.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
"We are excited to offer this service with innovative new features like Flyover and Siri integration, and free turn by turn navigation,"

Apple still at work trying hard to market customers into being beta testers to Siri and Maps though. If it works half the time and has an Apple logo...that is OK because it is Apple. For shits and giggles I have enjoyed heading over to the Apple web-land to see how many issues their loyal customers are having. Apple could market a nasty sock as a glove and Apple loyalists would wait in line for days proclaiming Apple revolutionized "the sock".

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Poor iCrap. Falls on its face yet once more. The zombies meanwhile wonder about in their ignorance fed hubris. Sad commentary on the hoodwinking of a dumbed down sheeple.

eternalkp

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
i actually have a tomtom unit and love it.
why is it going so badly in iOS6 is just funny
i like tomtom voice turn by turn direction.
why apple assigned siri dumb robotic to get me lost is beyond me.
ever since i updated to iOS6, mapmyride app is all messed up. wrong distance riding my bike in the woods. thank you apple

G

"Maps is a crowd-based solution, the more people use it, the better it will get."

Essentially saying that they knew that it was incomplete and that it is cheaper for you customers to fix it then us.

You can't do that!

germ warfare

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Not thrilled about how a "crowd based solution" seems to make it okay to release a buggy/faulted/unfinished product. Guess it's a great free debugging resource though. *coughDiabloIIIcough*

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
I think google's played a trump card not releasing Google Maps for ios6. People who actually care about maps won't buy apple stuff, or at least not upgrade to ios6.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Well Apple made it's bed, its about time Google lets them lie in it :) i would let them enjoy it now :D the new iPhone now without a good map service :D well they can always go ask for help from Nokia :D

Status
Not open for further replies.