If anyone is interested I picked up a SP2 disc at Circuit city last night.
Now all I need is the courage to install it.
--
John

ME

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 06:57:03 -0700, "PMCK"
<PMCK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>If anyone is interested I picked up a SP2 disc at Circuit city last night.
>Now all I need is the courage to install it.

patience to install it

start the installation up and go away and have a meal.

SP2 was a breeze to install, have not had one problem,,,lol

"me" wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 06:57:03 -0700, "PMCK"
> <PMCK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >If anyone is interested I picked up a SP2 disc at Circuit city last night.
> >Now all I need is the courage to install it.
>
> patience to install it
>
> start the installation up and go away and have a meal.

got cd from ms through mail installed in 2.5 hours no
problems have restarted and used most programs all
o.k.take alittle dutch courage and do it!!!!

I have it installed for about 5 days now...absolutely no problems...so go
ahead ..INSTALL it...you were looking for someone to give you the go
ahead.....now ya' got it...

---

I installed mine today. If you have your own firewall, turn that off
before. Then disable the Windows firewall before turning yours back on
after the upgrade.
Also, be sure to disconnect from the internet during the install
because you will be unprotected for quite a while.
I went to have lunch and then some while mine updated today.
Only think I've found that no longer works is Windows Update. I've
reported it. There is quite a list of possible errors to choose from in
the trouble-shooter. Interesting that the most damage done by SP 2 is to
MS products.

Barbara

On 9/3/2004 6:57 AM Pacific, PMCK wrote thusly:

> If anyone is interested I picked up a SP2 disc at Circuit city last night.
> Now all I need is the courage to install it.

Another suggestion: do a defrag after the upgrade. I found my Windows
Update problem. I had to add the site urls (given in the error
desription) into Zone Alarm and now I'm all back to everything working as
it should.
SP 2 does take up a huge amount of disk space though.

Barbara