Asus MOBO/Problems with RAID and XP

highsierra

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
Hey everybody I need your help....

I have a Asus A8N-VM CSM micro mobo and I'm having trouble getting XP SP 2 to install on my 2 SATA WD 80gigs in raid 0. The mobo can see the raid and windows can too when I install the raid drivers off the Asus disc BUT when XP restarts to finish installing it doesnt see the raid and it restarts the install process all over again. What should I do? Should I flash the BIOS? Is there some drivers I need for the hard drives? Has anybody else have this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
You have to create a raid array 0 so you can format the drives to install your OS, During XP installation you have to press F6 to setup a raid and I think you also need a floppy drive for installing NVIDIA raid driver.

highsierra

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
Hey Rexter,

Yes, I did press F6 and installed the raid drivers that came with the mobo and XP formated the drives. When its done loading the software and wants to restart to finish the process it cant find the raid array and restarts the install process all over again. Is this a BIOS problem?

brianjson

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009

I had a similar problem with the Marvel controler on an Asus MB. Ausu tec sugested I remove all but one ram stick and unplug everything else not needed. I could not see a relationship never tried it but would love to hear a solution to your issue