Gee, nobody knows? Trying again...

Hi simmers,

A while ago I downloaded the Lockheed 049a "Constellation" from John Howard
White, FSDZigns www.fsdzigns.com : fsdzl049a_v1.zip. I have two questions.

1. During start-up a quite heavy, but not too unrealistic amount of smoke is
produced. Strange enough the AI traffic, no matter what type, is producing
smoke as well. Not the same and it is quite persistent!? How to get this
fixed?

2. Knowing I may get strange behaviour, I use one the three liveries for AI.
Looks great, but it only flies straight ahead and will not turn? Traffic
Toolbox map shows it wants to turn, but it just keeps moving with 250 kts at
2000'. I guess I need to change something in its airfile, but what?

Thanks

Loek

Arthur

You may be right. There's a chance we don't know.

Arthur

"Arthur" <alspectorz@rogers.com> schreef in bericht
You may be right. There's a chance we don't know.

Arthur

Naaah,

Guess you're right that I'm right... :-(

Loek

Hi,

I responded to your original thread today.

Quick responses:

1. Don't know. Might be something you've added to the Lights section
of the planes' aircraft.cfg files.

2. Replace the existing AIR file with the default 737-400 AIR file.

Hope this helps,

--
Tom Gibson
Cal Classic Propliners www.calclassic.com

Loek,

There is a work around this one. You need to do a bit of tweaking but it
can be made to fly as AI.

First of all you need to download Mike Stone's P3 Orion from his site at
www.pmstone.com.

When you have done this create another folder for the Constellation and call
it something like AI Connie.

Copy everything from the original folder to the AI Connie folder. In the AI
Connie folder you can safely delete
the panel and sound folders as they are not required.

Open the P3 Orion zip folder and copy the orion.air file to the AI Connie
Folder.

In the AI Connie folder, open the aircraft.cfg file with notepad.

Substitute the line which reads sim=L049A to sim=orion

I suggest you also change the name of the aircraft to indicate that it is
the AI version otherwise you
may have problems trying to fly it.

Save the aircraft.cfg file and set this version to fly as AI. It works.

You can apply this principle to any aircraft which does not perform properly
as AI. Find a similar sized
AI aircraft and just copy and use its .air file. Sometimes, it can be a bit
hit and miss but part of the fun
is in finding out what works and what doesn't

Regards,

John
EGXP
"L. Mulder" <lbn.mulder@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hi simmers,
>
> A while ago I downloaded the Lockheed 049a "Constellation" from John
> Howard
> White, FSDZigns www.fsdzigns.com : fsdzl049a_v1.zip. I have two questions.
>
> 1. During start-up a quite heavy, but not too unrealistic amount of smoke
> is
> produced. Strange enough the AI traffic, no matter what type, is producing
> smoke as well. Not the same and it is quite persistent!? How to get this
> fixed?
>
> 2. Knowing I may get strange behaviour, I use one the three liveries for
> AI.
> Looks great, but it only flies straight ahead and will not turn? Traffic
> Toolbox map shows it wants to turn, but it just keeps moving with 250 kts
> at
> 2000'. I guess I need to change something in its airfile, but what?
>
> Thanks
>
> Loek

Tom and John,

Thanks to you both. I will go ahead and try, but first I need to pack and
move back to The Netherlands next week after three great years in Germany.
And the other thing is that I am retired as of now as well, so plenty of
time available.. or maybe not as I understood from others!?

Loek

--
Tom Gibson
Cal Classic Propliners www.calclassic.com

crash

L. Mulder wrote:
> Germany. And the other thing is that I am retired as of now as well,
> so plenty of time available.. or maybe not as I understood from
> others!?

Plenty of time? Retired? All depends - BUT, you can do what ever you want,
when ever you want, where ever you want, for as long as you want, if certain
miniumum criteria is meant (usually $$$)........ You'll love it!!!
Enjoy!!! d:->))

Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
Don

L. Mulder wrote:
> Hi simmers,
>
> A while ago I downloaded the Lockheed 049a "Constellation" from John Howard
> White, FSDZigns www.fsdzigns.com : fsdzl049a_v1.zip. I have two questions.
>
> 1. During start-up a quite heavy, but not too unrealistic amount of smoke is
> produced. Strange enough the AI traffic, no matter what type, is producing
> smoke as well. Not the same and it is quite persistent!? How to get this
> fixed?
>
> 2. Knowing I may get strange behaviour, I use one the three liveries for AI.
> Looks great, but it only flies straight ahead and will not turn? Traffic
> Toolbox map shows it wants to turn, but it just keeps moving with 250 kts at
> 2000'. I guess I need to change something in its airfile, but what?
>
> Thanks
>
> Loek

Hello Loek,

Regarding your first question, it seems to me that your Connie
installation (or another one) has replaced one or more of the
original effect files in your effects folder. As there are tons of
them, I think the best would be to copy all of those files (starting
with "fx_" and ending with ".fx" too) from one of your installation
CD into the effects folder, overwriting those having a different
date and/or size.
Some examples? It might be "fx_engsmoke.fx" (5.247 Bytes, April 18th
2001, 04:20:57) or "fx_engstrt.fx" (5.266 Bytes, April 18th 2001,
04:20:58) or "fx_smkpuff_m.fx" or "fx_smkpuff_s.fx" or....

Wish you all the best.
--
Regards
Axel (Berlin, GER)

Danke vielmals Axel!
I thought about this but have not looked into it yet. Aber wie gesagt, Ich
werde genügend zeit haben....

Loek

L. Mulder wrote:
> Danke vielmals Axel!
> I thought about this but have not looked into it yet. Aber wie gesagt, Ich
> werde genügend zeit haben....

<...>

:) Well I don't believe that. Most retired people I know do need
a tough time management.

--
Regards
Axel

:) Well I don't believe that. Most retired people I know do need
a tough time management.

--
Regards
Axel

Well,

:) I'll keep you posted. But due to the move I guess there will be a
"silence period" for me of about two weeks. Till later,

Loek