Cruizer40

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
Just finished buiding my 1st system and while using speed fan I noticed I'm not seeing a GPU temp. I checked my BIOS and it dosn't show it either. I'm running a ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe with 2- EVGA 6800 GS. I would think the board would monitor this? Or wait a minute, I bet Nvidia has something for this?
Cruizer

Bluefinger

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
I have speed fan and usually it doesn't detect GPU temps..... you'll be very lucky if you did.... I have to use ATItool to monitor my X1900XT's GPU temp....

audiolover

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
I have an Asus 6800 VGA card with variabel fancontrol. Speedfan detects the GPU temp and fanspeed of the VGA card and it even controls the speed of the fan properly! It works much better than the Asus utility SmartDoctor!

You need to check if your card has a sensor at all? Does your card have a variable speed of the fan?

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
I think pretty much all 6800 versions have the same features. Only real difference is pixel pipes, and perhaps memory speed.

Just need the right software to get temps, or set fan speeds.

linux_0

Splendid
Just finished buiding my 1st system and while using speed fan I noticed I'm not seeing a GPU temp. I checked my BIOS and it dosn't show it either. I'm running a ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe with 2- EVGA 6800 GS. I would think the board would monitor this? Or wait a minute, I bet Nvidia has something for this?
Cruizer

Your BIOS cannot read GPU temps, just CPU and motherboard temps.

There are other tools you can use to monitor GPU temps.

TRENDING THREADS