Problems with Catalyst (yeah, me too!)

miahallen

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2002
First off my setup:

Radeon 9700pro
Primary monitor is a Viewsonic P95F+ 1024X768 @ 120Hz
Secondary monitor is a 48" Mitz WS48311 (RPTV) at 1920X1080 30Hz interlaced
I'm using Catalyst 6.3 and the HDTV is being used in extended desktop mode.
I've tried to use PowerStrip (registered) to eliminate overscan with no luck.

Problems:
1) Whenever I reboot my computer, the refresh rate on my P95F+ reverts to 85Hz, and my HDTV's timings are off so I have massive underscan problems. I don't want to have to reset these settings everytime I restart Windows. I've tried creating a profile, but it doesn't want to save the refresh rate and monitor calibrations. Anyone have any experiance here?

2) Theater mode is all jacked up? I can't seem to shut it off at all? No matter what it wanto to put the video on the HDTV in "Theater mode" how can I force this off? Also, even though the box is not checked for the picture to be stretched to fill the screen, it does it anyway.

3) Any tricks to eliminate the overscan? Like I said, I've already tried to create custom resolutions with Powerstrip, and it doesn't want to accept the timings (even when I unistall Catalyst to eliminate conflicts). Without Catalyst installed, the Radeon driver won't allow a resolution above 1280X1024 (higher and it goes into virtual desktop mode).

If you have any suggestions, it would be appreciated.

Pyo

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
Yes I had the same problem using the 6.3 Ati Catalyst drivers. I then installed the Omega Drivers and used the Monitor App to set my monitors Refresh rates. WHALA problem solved, I do think that there is something wrong with the 6.3 Catalyst drivers, or just for support on the monitors.

I have 2x 21" Panasonic CRT monitors.

Try the Omegadrivers, its worth a try

www.omegadrivers.net

Goodlluck