peter

I have a Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard 1.0A which has an F
Lock key. How do I set it up so that the F Lock is on
whenever I start up or resume? Alternatively, how do I
disable it altogether?

Peter

"Peter" <pjridge@ourbrisbane.com> wrote:

>I have a Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard 1.0A which has an F
>Lock key. How do I set it up so that the F Lock is on
>whenever I start up or resume? Alternatively, how do I
>disable it altogether?

I do not think that this is possible. I had the same "problem" with
the MS Office keyboard here, but never found a solution other than
using a standard keyboard again. ;}

--
(tm)

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 15:21:53 -0700, Peter wrote:

> I have a Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard 1.0A which has an F
> Lock key. How do I set it up so that the F Lock is on
> whenever I start up or resume? Alternatively, how do I
> disable it altogether?
>
> Peter

This is built in to the hardware and cannot be changed via Windows
settings. However there are alternatives that may provide an acceptable
workaround. Check out the info and tools for dealing with F-Lock on this
page by MVP Jason Tsang:
http://www.mvps.org/jtsang/flock.html

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

peter

Thanks, Sharon.

Yeah, got a resonse from Jason. It works, too, just as I
would have wanted it to work.

Peter