Resume from Standby

peter

When I put my laptop into standby, the only way I can get
it back is to use the on-off switch. How do I set it up so
that any key or mouse movement brings it back?

The help page on standby offers no info at all on this!

Peter

Hi Peter,

Sounds like one or more device drivers do not support standby correctly.
Might also be a conflict with a recent update for Windows, or another
program on your system. Did it "use to work"? Or has it always been this
way?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Peter" <pjridge@ourbrisbane.com> wrote in message
> When I put my laptop into standby, the only way I can get
> it back is to use the on-off switch. How do I set it up so
> that any key or mouse movement brings it back?
>
> The help page on standby offers no info at all on this!
>
> Peter

peter

Thanks, Rick.

Did it used to work? Dunno. From vague memory, I think so.

Last time I tried it, I did have open what might be called
an "odd" aplication, so you might be right about the
conflict. I'll try it again without that thing running.

Thanks again.

Peter