andy_fozzy

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
Hiya all.
On my new 6800GS driver disk, there's a VIVO driver, and I've no idea what VIVO is. Could someone explain what it is to me?

Thanks,

Andy

malphadour

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
VIVO stands for Video In Video Out.

If you check the details of your card you will see that you have the ability to output your desktop or video to a device, and also take in video from a device. The VIVO driver is just there to manage these functions.

andy_fozzy

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
SUPERB!!

Was going to get a TV card for putting video's onto DVD from the camcorder.

Guess what I'm doing today then :D

Thanks for that,

Andy

malphadour

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
No probs,

Did you get all the video cables with the card. I just got a VIVO X1800XT and I got about 14 million cables and adapters with it for the VIVO stuff, and I don't even want use VIVO functions!

I always like it when you find you don't have to spend money, kinda makes you want to go and buy something else, lol

andy_fozzy

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
No, I didn't get any cables with it, but I already have some.

BUT, now the bloody video capture driver won't work :cry:
All else is ok, but after the driver finishes installing it says the device will not start, and cannot use it. In device manager I have the yellow ! next to the capture label.

DOH!

Thanks,

Andy

ulis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
I hope you have WinXP + ServicePack 2. If so, then possible that your VIVO drivers conflict with SP2. Solution: visit home page of your video card manufacturer and try to find answer there. Usually it is discussed in FAQ section but still possible to take a look on their own forums... It is possible that you will need download new drivers or patch and follow FAQ instructions... GL / HF

andy_fozzy

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
Yes, XP + SP2.

I tried your suggestion, and it doesn't really help. Just says to check for the latest drivers. Which I've done and installed, and still the same :cry:

Thanks,

Andy