My Cannon S200 printer only works sometimes

My Cannon S200 inkjet printer seemed to have failed completely in that,
while the computer recognised the USB connection the printer ignored
any print commands.
I tried it on another computer with the same result.
I left it disconnected for a month but then decided to give it one more
try before throwing it out. To my suprised it worked flawlessly, but the
next day it again refused to print anything.

I know those printers don't like being left powered up but is there
anything I can do to make it work more often?

-Barry
========
"I see only with deep regret that God punishes so many of His children for
their numerous stupidities, for which only He Himself can be held responsible;
in my opinion, only His nonexistence could excuse Him."
[A. Einstein (Letter to Edgar Meyer, Jan. 2, 1915)]

Duncan

>-Barry
>========
>"I see only with deep regret that God punishes so many of His children for
>their numerous stupidities, for which only He Himself can be held responsible;
>in my opinion, only His nonexistence could excuse Him."
>[A. Einstein (Letter to Edgar Meyer, Jan. 2, 1915)]
>
>Web page: http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
>Atheist, radio scanner, LIPD information.

I know nothing about printers - or God come to that, believing in him
as little as 'he' believes in 'us' - but someone very adroit said
something like "it is the ultimate proof of God's omnipotence that he
need not exist in order to save us." I have yet to make up my mind
whether such a view constitutes atheism...

To reply by email delete nospam