XP Service Pack #2

I downloaded the package and now I am continually
receiving "low virtual memory,attempting to fix" messages
and then the computer just locks up. What do I do?

I would try and delete SP2 by going in Add/Remove then I would read the
article about what to do before d/l Sp2 by Microsoft
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx?pf=true hope
this helps