Obtaining factory settings discs from packard bell

Tags:
  • Data Recovery
  • Packard Bell
  • Factory Restore
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
April 5, 2011 2:14:54 PM

will packard bell provide factory settings recovery discs - mine do not work and the only answer i have received so far is to buy windows 7 operating system from microsoft AGAIN for $199 - this hardly seems fair as i bought my packard bell with a legal copy of windows 7

More about : obtaining factory settings discs packard bell

Anonymous
April 5, 2011 2:38:52 PM

Oh boy, do you not have a genuine license attached to your PC, if so, all you need is a windows 7 install DVD, then you can install WIN 7 using the product key on the licence sticker attached to your PC. This way you have a nice, clean PACKARD BELL BLOATWARE CRAP FREE windows system ready to go!
a c 706 $ Windows 7
April 5, 2011 5:10:19 PM

Why ask here instead of contacting Packard Bell? Now you have spent twice as much time getting them. If we say "no" we could be wrong as probably no-one here works for them, if we say "yes" you'd have to call them to order the things anyway.

You can't just get Win 7 and use your PC sticker, you need an OEM Win 7 disk, and even then it may not work with your key.
Related resources
Anonymous
April 5, 2011 6:15:56 PM

You can just get a windows Install DVD and use the product activation code on the bottom!

I know this, because I do this exact thing on a regular basis for customers who need OS reloads!
April 6, 2011 9:15:39 AM

Thanks have a genuine license & just needed the "correct search term" i.e. windows 7 install dvd - now i can find it. When i looked up factory setting, got so much junk couldn't find what i needed. "Clean BLOATWARE CRAP FREE" sounds Excellent! Got nothing from packard bell, so no help there.
April 6, 2011 1:54:45 PM

Packard Bell still exists?!! :o 
a c 706 $ Windows 7
April 6, 2011 1:59:38 PM

If you got a PC with Win 7, it's pretty new, should be in warranty, why did the vendor not help?

papalion said:
Packard Bell still exists?!! :o 

Yes, but mostly not in the US.