Brent

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

my desktop icons remain highlighted after closing the
program. what did i mess up and what is the solution?
thanks

Hi,

The last program to open from the desktop will have its icon highlighted.
This is a feature. What exactly are u trying to acheive.

Regards
M. Rajesh
..Net and Windows Shell MVP
www.winxpsolution.com.

"brent" wrote:

> my desktop icons remain highlighted after closing the
> program. what did i mess up and what is the solution?
> thanks

Brent

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"M. Rajesh" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The last program to open from the desktop will have its icon highlighted.
> This is a feature. What exactly are u trying to acheive.
>
> Regards
> M. Rajesh
> .Net and Windows Shell MVP
> www.winxpsolution.com.
>
> "brent" wrote:
>
> > my desktop icons remain highlighted after closing the
> > program. what did i mess up and what is the solution?
> > thanks

Brent

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

My icons were "normal" looking after closing a program. I would like this to
happen again; not having the last program "highlighted" after I close it.
If this a feature, do I have an option to "uncheck" this ??
Thanks
Brent

"M. Rajesh" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The last program to open from the desktop will have its icon highlighted.
> This is a feature. What exactly are u trying to acheive.
>
> Regards
> M. Rajesh
> .Net and Windows Shell MVP
> www.winxpsolution.com.
>
> "brent" wrote:
>
> > my desktop icons remain highlighted after closing the
> > program. what did i mess up and what is the solution?
> > thanks

Just click on an empty area of the desktop.