problem with my motherboard

unreal111

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Hi
i bought this motherboard ASRock 939SLI32-eSATA2 from newegg, but when i hooked up everything like, athlon 3000+ cpu, samsung pc2700, with 7800gtx pci-x and also i tried geforce 5500 pci, and they both give me same message: "The moniter is in power saving mode, please activate using pc."

it doesnt even post any BIOS. graphic card does power on and they both work in a different pc.

so can you guys help.

unreal111

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
no there is no beep, and wires are connected.

its like moniter is not getting any signal, but the graphic card (fan turns on, plus i tried in my friends house and it works) is working and i also made sure that moniter wire is connected.

thanks

Most likely culprits:
1. Improperly connected power in the system. Read the mobo manual and make sure that power is properly connected in the system.
2. Mobo is shorted somewhere. Make sure there are no unused mobo mounting stanchions. If there aren't, then remove the mobo form the case, place it on a non-conducting surface (old phone books work good) and start the system.
3. Bad mobo or bad PSU.
4. Read the FAQ The basic t/s techniques for this common problem are contained in the FAQ at the top of the Mobo General forum.