Airline rankings

A British company, Skytrax, surveyed 1 million passengers over a
period of 1 year to find the best airline. Service in the air as well
as on the ground was rated. US airlines did poorly overall and only
one European airline managed to make the top 10!

Here are the overall results:

1. Cathay Pacific, Hongkong
2. Qantas Airways, Australien
3. Emirates, Dubai
4. Singapore Airlines, Singapur
5. British Airways, Großbritannien
6. Malaysia Airlines, Malaysia
7. Thai Airways, Thailand
8. Qatar Airways, Qatar
9. Asiana Airlines, Süd-Korea
10. ANA All Nippon Airways, Japan

The best cheap fliers:

Worldwide:
JetBlue, USA
Air Berlin, Deutschland
Virgin Blue, Australien

North-Amerika:
JetBlue, USA
WestJet, Kanada
Frontier, USA

Europe:
Air Berlin, Deutschland
Vueling, Spanien
easyjet, Großbritannien

The best Service:

First Class (Interkontinental):
Cathay Pacific, Hongkong
Singapore, Singapur
Malaysia, Malaysia

Business Class (Interkontinental):
British Airways, Großbritannien
South African Airways, Südafrika
Virgin Atlantic, Großbritannien

Economy Class (Interkontinental):
Malaysia, Malaysia
Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Singapore, Singapur

The best in the region:

Asien:
Cathay Pacific, Hongkong
Malaysia Airlines, Malaysia
Singapore Airlines, Singapur

Europa:
British Airways, Großbritannien
PGA Portugalia, Portugal
Finnair, Finnland

North-Amerika:
Air Canada, Kanada
JetBlue, USA
Continental, USA

The best food:

First Class (Interkontinental):
Gulf Air, Vereinigte Arabische Emirate
Cathay Pacific, Hongkong
Swiss, Schweiz

Business Class (Interkontinental):
Gulf Air, Vereinigte Arabische Emirate
Continental, USA
bmi British Midland, Großbritannien

Economy Class:
Thai Airways, Thailand
Austrian, Österreich
Saudi Arabian, Saudi Arabien

Taken from Der Spiegel:
<http://www.spiegel.de/reise/aktuell/0,1518,359339,00.html>

-=tom=-
11 answers Last reply
More about airline rankings

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 13:50:55 -0400, Tom Orle wrote:

    > A British company, Skytrax, surveyed 1 million passengers over a
    > period of 1 year to find the best airline. Service in the air as well
    > as on the ground was rated. US airlines did poorly overall and only
    > one European airline managed to make the top 10!
    >
    > Here are the overall results:
    >
    > 1. Cathay Pacific, Hongkong
    > 2. Qantas Airways, Australien
    > 3. Emirates, Dubai
    > 4. Singapore Airlines, Singapur
    > 5. British Airways, Großbritannien
    > 6. Malaysia Airlines, Malaysia
    > 7. Thai Airways, Thailand
    > 8. Qatar Airways, Qatar
    > 9. Asiana Airlines, Süd-Korea
    > 10. ANA All Nippon Airways, Japan
    >
    > The best cheap fliers:
    >
    > Worldwide:
    > JetBlue, USA
    > Air Berlin, Deutschland
    > Virgin Blue, Australien
    >

    > North-Amerika:
    > JetBlue, USA
    > WestJet, Kanada
    > Frontier, USA
    >

    > Europe:
    > Air Berlin, Deutschland
    > Vueling, Spanien
    > easyjet, Großbritannien
    >

    > The best Service:
    >
    > First Class (Interkontinental):
    > Cathay Pacific, Hongkong
    > Singapore, Singapur
    > Malaysia, Malaysia
    >

    > Business Class (Interkontinental):
    > British Airways, Großbritannien
    > South African Airways, Südafrika
    > Virgin Atlantic, Großbritannien
    >

    > Economy Class (Interkontinental):
    > Malaysia, Malaysia
    > Emirates, United Arab Emirates
    > Singapore, Singapur
    >

    > The best in the region:
    >
    > Asien:
    > Cathay Pacific, Hongkong
    > Malaysia Airlines, Malaysia
    > Singapore Airlines, Singapur
    >

    > Europa:
    > British Airways, Großbritannien
    > PGA Portugalia, Portugal
    > Finnair, Finnland
    >

    > North-Amerika:
    > Air Canada, Kanada
    > JetBlue, USA
    > Continental, USA
    >

    > The best food:
    >
    > First Class (Interkontinental):
    > Gulf Air, Vereinigte Arabische Emirate
    > Cathay Pacific, Hongkong
    > Swiss, Schweiz
    >

    > Business Class (Interkontinental):
    > Gulf Air, Vereinigte Arabische Emirate
    > Continental, USA
    > bmi British Midland, Großbritannien
    >

    > Economy Class:
    > Thai Airways, Thailand
    > Austrian, Österreich
    > Saudi Arabian, Saudi Arabien
    >

    > Taken from Der Spiegel:
    > <http://www.spiegel.de/reise/aktuell/0,1518,359339,00.html>
    >
    > -=tom=-

    Gee....KLM isn't on any of the lists. Why am I not surprised? :-)

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    (You've got clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?)

    Marcel Kuijper <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Gee....KLM isn't on any of the lists. Why am I not surprised? :-)

    Neither is Lufthansa ... and their management isn't too happy about it
    either ;)

    -=tom=-

    Interestingly......although not on the list, Southwest Airlines is the
    biggest of all the domestic carriers in the U.S.A. I think they should at
    east get credit for the distributors of the most peanuts and flight
    attendants with the cutest shorts. : )

    Air Canada (spelt with a 'C' to us Canadians), did make the list but it
    should have been in the category of 'most aloof flight attendants in North
    America' and perhaps some small recognition for the 'worst food in coach'
    category. I feel they could at least have been nominated for 'cleanest
    toilets at the end of a flight'. That would have been nice.

    Geez, someone put Lufthansa on a list.....you don't want to make THEM mad!

    Very interesting list, Tom. I love lists : )

    Arthur

    P.S. Marcel.....I love KLM.....don't feel bad....one day, I may even use
    them for something.

    Tom Orle wrote:
    > Marcel Kuijper <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Gee....KLM isn't on any of the lists. Why am I not surprised? :-)
    >

    > Neither is Lufthansa ... and their management isn't too happy about it
    > either ;)
    >
    > -=tom=-

    Well, they *can* improve, I think. Compared to BA they always had
    been better regarding my own experience in long-haul business class
    flights (maybe Heathrow destroyed each afterglow). Cathay is my
    personal favourite as well, no doubt!
    --
    Regards
    Axel

    Gee Air New Zealand didn't rate a mention ???? ....hhhmmm strange
    considering we have the only airline that can take you to "Middle-Earth" :-)

    "Paul R" <rudmans@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

    >Gee Air New Zealand didn't rate a mention ???? ....hhhmmm strange
    >considering we have the only airline that can take you to "Middle-Earth" :-)

    May it's because people don't feel too comfortable flying in a plane
    being held aloft by the mystical powers of a sorcerer instead of
    engines ;-)

    -=t=-

    On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 21:45:19 +1200, Paul R wrote:

    > Gee Air New Zealand didn't rate a mention ???? ....hhhmmm strange
    > considering we have the only airline that can take you to "Middle-Earth" :-)

    Wanna know why they're not on the list?
    Because they don't fly out of Amsterdam! :-)

    And waddaya mean "the only airline"....how about Qantas?

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    (Any landing you walk away from wasn't one of Melissa's! <g>)

    I have flown most airlines and consider Malaysian Airlines to be the best.
    But I did love Delta Airlines in the USA, they are probably out of business
    now. They had a positive discrimination policy so all cabin staff were
    either disabled black guys or elderly women, the service was absolutely
    terrific! Really the best EVER.

    Cheers
    Quilljar

    Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
    http://www.livtech.co.uk

    I know some may like Air France, but Gabriella and I flew from Paris to
    Cape Town and back with them. they made the mistake of randomly choosing
    me to fill out a customer survey. It wasn't a positive mark for them.

    --

    (Smiling) boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    boB wrote:
    > I know some may like Air France, but Gabriella and I flew from Paris to
    > Cape Town and back with them. they made the mistake of randomly choosing
    > me to fill out a customer survey. It wasn't a positive mark for them.

    I cannot say anything about their long distance flights but within
    Europe it's horrible. Having the choice using Air France with
    almost no service or EasyJet with service you have to pay for I
    would take the latter.

    Hmm, there might be some people living in France who love to fly
    with Air France and I think it has to do with their preferred
    language... ;-)
    --
    Regards
    Axel

    "boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
    >I know some may like Air France, but Gabriella and I flew from Paris to
    >Cape Town and back with them. they made the mistake of randomly choosing me
    >to fill out a customer survey. It wasn't a positive mark for them.
    >

    > --
    >
    > (Smiling) boB,

    You needed have worried Bob - if it wasn't in French they would have
    disregarded it. They have disregarded English for centuries :)

    N'est pas?

    John

Microsoft Video Games