file/folder deletion

Lately I have found that certain files/folders I have
moved on my desktop (some are .exe files) no longer work
after the move. In addition no matter what I do I cannot
remove the folders/files from the desktop. I checked the
knowledgebase and have tried switching to the admin user,
ran chkdsk etc with no results. Please help

Hi,

Moving the exe will change the path for the dependency files. Hence they
might fail to work. That is why MS has introduced the concept of short cuts.
You can create short cuts on the desktop to point to the original files and
still use them.

Regards
M. Rajesh
..Net and Windows Shell MVP