[SOLVED] Visual Basic in Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvianPS

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
I've bought a MacBook Pro 13" this year with OS X mountain lion. Now, my school is having visual basic lesson and I supposed to install VB in my MBP. I know there is no visual basic in mac, but is there any other software that similar to visual basic, or I need to boot camp my MBP just only for that thing ? Please help, I'm so confused.

Solution
There is no equivalent to Visual Basic on OS X. If your course requires VB then you need Windows.

Personally, I would run a copy of Windows in a Virtual Machine, such as Virtual Box, rather than using Boot Camp.

CGILab

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
Download and installed Virtual Box. Then purchase a copy of Windows. I highly recommend also purchasing upgrade RAM of the highest grade. The additional RAM enables running a Windows machine on your MacBook; a virtual machine. Windows will run at the same time Mac OS runs. VirtualBox was developed by Sun Mcirosystems as freeware. Oracle bought Sun Microsystems and erased the brand name; however, left VirtualBox development continue. I have used it for two years with great performance. If your budget can handle it, I also highly recommend replacing the low grade hdd drive from Apple with a WD Raptor hard drive, which will also increase the performance on the Virtual Windows machine. Got my insight from http://CGIComputerWares.com

Status
Not open for further replies.