Logitech G5 using ps/2??

Lan

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2004
I was just given a Logitech G5 by my brother for my birthday and I have a question.

My problem is that I use a kvm switch to switch between my regular computer and my server. The issue is that the kvm is ps/2 only, and no usb inputs. If I use a USB -> ps/2 adapter, will that not allow the mouse to work at it's highest resolution or anything?

Basically how will being adapted to a ps/2 input affect the mouse? Thanks!

P.S. My brother ordered it from newegg and it's not here yet, that's why I'm asking instead of experimenting.

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
I was just given a Logitech G5 by my brother for my birthday and I have a question.

My problem is that I use a kvm switch to switch between my regular computer and my server. The issue is that the kvm is ps/2 only, and no usb inputs. If I use a USB -> ps/2 adapter, will that not allow the mouse to work at it's highest resolution or anything?

Basically how will being adapted to a ps/2 input affect the mouse? Thanks!

P.S. My brother ordered it from newegg and it's not here yet, that's why I'm asking instead of experimenting.

The G5 requires USB2 to operate at full speed, however I have used it on a PS/2 port (using an USB to PS/2 adaptor) and the mouse is still functional. I have not however tried it in any gaming enviroments. Logitech does not support such a setup either.