Best websites to purchase hardware from?

UsernameX

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
I was just wondering where to get the best deals on computer hardware? I've been to www.pricewatch.com, www.newegg.com, and www.tigerdirect.com... anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks for your help

arussell

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2004
I use newegg generally unless I see a nice deal on another site. But I use pricegrabber.com instead of pricewatch.com to compare stuff.

luminaris

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
I've used Tiger before and I won't use them unless they have a super deal on something I can't pass up. I can't stand them though and the whole rebate thing is a waste. I hate looking at their site and everything is rebates. Just gimme the lowest prices and that's it!

I usually buy from Newegg and directron. Both are good IMO

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
I was just wondering where to get the best deals on computer hardware? I've been to www.pricewatch.com, www.newegg.com, and www.tigerdirect.com... anyone have any suggestions?

I've had good luck with Sidewinder, FrozenCPU, Tiger, ZipZoomFly and Newegg. There are a couple of CompUSA stores in this area, so I watch their site for deals and normally then go to the store rather than order online. I tend to spend more that way... But I will pay a percent or two more to buy from the real store because I want to help them succeed. They have treated me VERY well, the employees have a great attitude and many of them are passionate about computers and/or consumer electronics. If you have a store near to your home that gives good service and sells good products, I recommend that you try to support them whenever possible. There used to be a PC Club store a mile from my house but it closed its doors recently. That was a real bummer because the employees were all hard-core gamers and they were very helpful.

xChaoSx

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
Any Canadian friendly sites? I find all the best deals such as newegg and then find out they wont ship to Canada. Same with Amazon.com sells stuff Amazon.ca doesnt. Lame.

paul_baker

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
i use zipzoomfly.com for all my online ordering and most of the items they offer free 2 day shipping but that can be questionable sometimes as if you are going to get it in 2 days. depending on the time and day of your order. they use fedx to ship. my recent purchase didnt offer free 2 day shipping and it only cost 2$ extra to add it. other than that they offer free shipping of some sort wether it is 2day or standard.

ben_the_man

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2004
Any Canadian friendly sites? I find all the best deals such as newegg and then find out they wont ship to Canada. Same with Amazon.com sells stuff Amazon.ca doesnt. Lame.

NCIX.com is BY FAR the best canadian site your can order from. Ususally better prices than american equivalents (like newegg and zipzoomfly), id you take the exchange rate into account. great service, no duity, and no pst if u live outside BC. I've been dealing with them for years, and I've always been happy with them.

Fungalberry

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
www.newegg.com is the best site for computer bits. Period. They have some great deals and sales, as well as fast shipping and easy RMAs. Some of the combos that you can get (such as: purchase CD/DVD drive, get 25 free DVD-RWs... :wink: that's what I got) are great. Also, it may sound kinda weird, but check out www.amazon.com. Sometimes (Keyword: sometimes) they can have really good deals on computer parts. These parts are usually from 3rd party sellers, not from Amazon. Anyway, check out www.newegg.com. You won't be dissapointed.

xChaoSx

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006

NCIX.com is BY FAR the best canadian site your can order from. Ususally better prices than american equivalents (like newegg and zipzoomfly), id you take the exchange rate into account. great service, no duity, and no pst if u live outside BC. I've been dealing with them for years, and I've always been happy with them.

Thanks i'll check them out!

lindochico

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
Personally, I prefer Zipzoomfly, they have never let me down. Newegg is very good too, but ZipZoomfly is usually 2-3 usd. cheaper. I wish they had the same inventory Newegg has. That would be just perfect...!

HoldenMcGroin

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
Why do alot of people post the same site, as if that's being helpful? (I'm sure Newegg is good, btw.)

For case modding, and specialty parts, I would recommend xoxide.com. I've bought from them several times in the past and have been most pleased with their products, and even their customer service.

ira176

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
I generally use Newegg for computer hardware. I also use zipzoomfly on occasion, but less so because they gave me a hard time over a return. I also purchase my cpu coolers from www.nexfan.com. The last I knew, they offered flat rate shipping, and decent prices. I usually check prices on pricewatch.