Since we're in a fixin' mood

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Cant figure out for the life of me what more to do to fix this problem.

When trying to create and load a flight from KAUS (Austin), before the
flight is loaded past 70%, or when starting a flight from a different
airport and then flying to Austin, before I get too close, I get the
message:

"Your computer has run out of available memory. Flight simulator will
now exit. You may not have enough free space on your hard drive. Run
Disk Cleanup to free up space, and then try running Flight Simulator again."

When I click ok, the following message comes up.

"fs9.exe - Application Error"

Then continues on:

The instruction at "0x7c14f0e7" referenced memory at "0x0000001c". The
memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program.

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs32&d=05231&f=error.jpg

Tried creating a flight starting in Austin.
Tried a flight from Killeen flying south to Austin.
Tried a flight from Houston flying to Austin.
Tried deleting the fs9.cfg.
Repeated these flights under the following different conditions.
Turned off any scenery connected to KAUS plus some more in the ADDON
Scenery area.
Tried loading during day, night, summer and winter.
Tried loading with weather set to none, then set to real world.

Tried loading just the fs9.exe.
Tried loading with FSAutostart.
Tried loading high with Bill L's command line.
Tried loading with Rana's FSManager 2.8.
Tried kicking the CPU. (kidding)

P4 2.6GHz
Ti4200/128
512 RAM
450 Gig HD's
XP Home
FS9 (of course)

Ran dsdiag. Every page listed "No Problem"

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs32&d=05231&f=dxdiag.jpg

I can fly anywhere in the world I want, as long as it's not near Austin.
(KAUS)
--

(Smiling) boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

what you are looking at, is a memory overflow. What this means is that: The
program has used more memory than it was allocated at that (0x0000001c)
address, but herein lies the next problem. Why is it doing this???? well
there are so many varibles as to why, but the 2 most common causes are:
Corrupt data and what i call "memory leakage", this is either bad ram, or
data replicating itself constantly, thus eating up all your ram...

dunno if i have helped really..... but there you go :)

cheers Paul
"Bob" <rsmith22@hot.rr.com> wrote in message
> Cant figure out for the life of me what more to do to fix this problem.
>
> When trying to create and load a flight from KAUS (Austin), before the
> flight is loaded past 70%, or when starting a flight from a different
> airport and then flying to Austin, before I get too close, I get the
> message:
>
> "Your computer has run out of available memory. Flight simulator will
> now exit. You may not have enough free space on your hard drive. Run
> Disk Cleanup to free up space, and then try running Flight Simulator
again."

> When I click ok, the following message comes up.
>
> "fs9.exe - Application Error"
>
> Then continues on:
>
> The instruction at "0x7c14f0e7" referenced memory at "0x0000001c". The
> memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program.
>
> http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs32&d=05231&f=error.jpg
>

> Tried creating a flight starting in Austin.
> Tried a flight from Killeen flying south to Austin.
> Tried a flight from Houston flying to Austin.
> Tried deleting the fs9.cfg.
> Repeated these flights under the following different conditions.
> Turned off any scenery connected to KAUS plus some more in the ADDON
> Scenery area.
> Tried loading during day, night, summer and winter.
> Tried loading with weather set to none, then set to real world.
>
> Tried loading just the fs9.exe.
> Tried loading with FSAutostart.
> Tried loading high with Bill L's command line.
> Tried loading with Rana's FSManager 2.8.
> Tried kicking the CPU. (kidding)
>
> P4 2.6GHz
> Ti4200/128
> 512 RAM
> 450 Gig HD's
> XP Home
> FS9 (of course)
>
> Ran dsdiag. Every page listed "No Problem"
>
> http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs32&d=05231&f=dxdiag.jpg
>

> I can fly anywhere in the world I want, as long as it's not near Austin.
> (KAUS)
> --
>
> (Smiling) boB,
> SAG 70
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Hi Bob!
Do you use fs 9.1? Before this update this error was reported often,
since there was a bug in 9.0 concerning the handling of addon landclasses.
Just a try!
klaus - loww
Bob wrote:
> Cant figure out for the life of me what more to do to fix this problem.
>
> When trying to create and load a flight from KAUS (Austin), before the
> flight is loaded past 70%, or when starting a flight from a different
> airport and then flying to Austin, before I get too close, I get the
> message:
>
> "Your computer has run out of available memory. Flight simulator will
> now exit. You may not have enough free space on your hard drive. Run
> Disk Cleanup to free up space, and then try running Flight Simulator
> again."
>
> When I click ok, the following message comes up.
>
> "fs9.exe - Application Error"
>
> Then continues on:
>
> The instruction at "0x7c14f0e7" referenced memory at "0x0000001c". The
> memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program.
>
> http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs32&d=05231&f=error.jpg
>

> Tried creating a flight starting in Austin.
> Tried a flight from Killeen flying south to Austin.
> Tried a flight from Houston flying to Austin.
> Tried deleting the fs9.cfg.
> Repeated these flights under the following different conditions.
> Turned off any scenery connected to KAUS plus some more in the ADDON
> Scenery area.
> Tried loading during day, night, summer and winter.
> Tried loading with weather set to none, then set to real world.
>
> Tried loading just the fs9.exe.
> Tried loading with FSAutostart.
> Tried loading high with Bill L's command line.
> Tried loading with Rana's FSManager 2.8.
> Tried kicking the CPU. (kidding)
>
> P4 2.6GHz
> Ti4200/128
> 512 RAM
> 450 Gig HD's
> XP Home
> FS9 (of course)
>
> Ran dsdiag. Every page listed "No Problem"
>
> http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs32&d=05231&f=dxdiag.jpg
>

> I can fly anywhere in the world I want, as long as it's not near Austin.
> (KAUS)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Klaus Priechenfried wrote:

> Hi Bob!
> Do you use fs 9.1? Before this update this error was reported often,
> since there was a bug in 9.0 concerning the handling of addon landclasses.
> Just a try!
> klaus - loww

>> I can fly anywhere in the world I want, as long as it's not near Austin.
>> (KAUS)

Hi Klaus, Yes, I run FS9.1. I'm still looking for the cause but for
now I don't fly near Austin. :)
--

(Smiling) boB,
SAG 70