Big Flight Simulator Graphics Problem!

This has been haunting me since last year and I just can't seem to find
the solution.
No matter how much drivers I install I just cant get my game graphics
to show good. It seems to happen in all 3D games I have.

Also in Flight Simulator 2004 or 2002 you won't be able to see the
plane(sometime) or anything just a bunch of colours around the screen
and the only place you can see is inside the cockpit. You can't see the
buildings or the runway or anything.

This has got me pulling out all my hair.I cant take it anymore! It's
over bearing.
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

I have a photo of how it looks but I don't know if you can post images.

More about flight simulator graphics problem

    >This has been haunting me since last year and I just can't seem to find
    >the solution.
    >No matter how much drivers I install I just cant get my game graphics
    >to show good. It seems to happen in all 3D games I have.
    >
    >Also in Flight Simulator 2004 or 2002 you won't be able to see the
    >plane(sometime) or anything just a bunch of colours around the screen
    >and the only place you can see is inside the cockpit. You can't see the
    >buildings or the runway or anything.
    >

    >This has got me pulling out all my hair.I cant take it anymore! It's
    >over bearing.
    >CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.
    >PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
    >
    >I have a photo of how it looks but I don't know if you can post images.

    If you don't give a complete description of your hardware there is no
    way to help you out, you don't even state what video card you are
    using? CPU? RAM? Motherboard brand? Drivers version? OS version? FS
    settings? dxdiag tests? Overcloking?

    You may be upset but we don't have a crystal ball, give more
    information so we can help... There seems to be a video drivers
    problem but that's about all we can make of your problem and that can
    be caused by so many things.

    ===
    Best Regards
    Katy

    ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 6/7/2005, 07:33:39
    Machine name: ROSSETAD-C71WR1
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service
    Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: System Manufacturer
    System Model: Product Name
    BIOS: Ver 1.65
    Processor: AMD Duron(tm) Processor, MMX, 3DNow, ~700MHz
    Memory: 512MB RAM
    Page File: 242MB used, 1005MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

    ------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Music Tab: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.
    Network Tab: No problems found.

    --------------------
    DirectX Debug Levels
    --------------------
    Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

    ---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce2 MX/MX 400
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0110&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_B2
    Display Memory: 64.0 MB
    Current Mode: 800 x 600 (32 bit) (85Hz)
    Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
    Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
    Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6693 (English)
    DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 10/29/2004 16:50:00, 3736704 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
    VDD: n/a
    Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
    Mini VDD Date: 10/29/2004 16:50:00, 2826944 bytes
    Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4250-11CF-9579-0A2013C2CB35}
    Vendor ID: 0x10DE
    Device ID: 0x0110
    SubSys ID: 0x00000000
    Revision ID: 0x00B2
    Revision ID: 0x00B2
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_B ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D
    Deinterlace Caps: {212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}:
    Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1)
    Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}:
    Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0)
    Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}:
    Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1)
    Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}:
    Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0)
    Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}:
    Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1)
    Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}:
    Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0)
    Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}:
    Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1)
    Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}:
    Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0)
    Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    Registry: OK
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled
    DDraw Test Result: Not run
    D3D7 Test Result: Not run
    D3D8 Test Result: Not run
    D3D9 Test Result: Not run

    Katy Pluta wrote:
    > Overcloking?

    Treky? d:->))

    What is overclocking?And how do I set it?

    sometime last year this never used to happen but now I dont know what
    to do cause before it was working fine.Maybe I downloaded the wrong
    drivers?.

    >DDraw Test Result: Not run
    > D3D7 Test Result: Not run
    > D3D8 Test Result: Not run
    > D3D9 Test Result: Not run

    Run the tests, did you install/update the motherboard chipset drivers
    as well as the video drivers?

    ===
    Best Regards
    Katy

    I have now come to realizing that when i play Fighter Ace 2 and I have
    the settings on Direct3D the screen shows improperly but when I change
    it to Software it shows pretty ok.
    Maybe something is wrong with Direct 3D?.Cause in all my other games
    it's like that when I put it on Direct3D.

    ------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
    Display Tab 1: No problems found. DirectDraw test results: All
    tests were successful. Direct3D 7 test results: All tests were
    successful. Direct3D 8 test results: All tests were successful.
    Direct3D 9 test results: All tests were successful.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Music Tab: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.
    Network Tab: No problems found.

    I noticed though that when I ran the test that the spinning box with
    the X was colour disoriented and it was not just plain black.

    agreed Katy, but i'm putting my money on a bad video card as opposed to
    drivers.... cos "It seems to happen in all 3D games I have" or maybe a bios
    setup problem??

    "Paul R" <rudmans@xtra.co.nz> wrote :

    > agreed Katy, but i'm putting my money on a bad video card as opposed to
    > drivers.... cos "It seems to happen in all 3D games I have" or maybe a
    > bios
    > setup problem??

    Until you don't specify your hardware, nobody can say.

    "Bage881" <Bage881@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
    > What is overclocking?And how do I set it?

    It is where the processor is running at a higher multiple of the bus speed
    than what the manufacturer specifies. It is changed in BIOS. If you have
    owned the computer from new and you haven't gone into BIOS to change the
    speed, then the board is probably running at normal speed.

    Make sure that there is adequate cooling for all components - CPU and
    graphics card in particular.

    John

    Uninstall your old drivers and then reinstall the latest. Change your resolution to at least 1024x768.

    --
    ....Carl Frisk
    Anger is a brief madness.

    "Bage881" <Bage881@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message news:1118157592.5051@forums.simradar.com...
    >I noticed though that when I ran the test that the spinning box with
    > the X was colour disoriented and it was not just plain black.

    Whenever I change my screen resolution to 1024x768 It goes back to
    800x600.

    I have Uninstalled my old Drivers and installed new ones sooo many
    times that it's probaly a everyweek routine by now.

    No offence intended, but I have been following this thread and can't help
    wondering if you have been using your computer very long and whether you
    have managed to have any basic instruction? If you have, then I might
    seriously suggest that you get a new computer :-)

    Cheers
    Quilljar

    Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
    http://www.livtech.co.uk

    No offence intended, but I have been following this thread and can't help
    wondering if you have been using your computer very long and whether you
    have managed to have any basic instruction? If you have, then I might
    seriously suggest that you get a new computer :-)

    Cheers
    Quilljar

    Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
    http://www.livtech.co.uk
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Quilljar wrote:
    > No offence intended, but I have been following this thread and can't
    > help wondering if you have been using your computer very long and
    > whether you have managed to have any basic instruction? If you have,
    > then I might seriously suggest that you get a new computer :-)
    >
    > Cheers
    > Quilljar

    You see, my machine posted this message twice, so what do I know about
    computers :-) ???

    Ha ha!

    Cheers
    Quilljar

    Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
    http://www.livtech.co.uk
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    > I have Uninstalled my old Drivers and installed new ones sooo many
    > times that it's probaly a everyweek routine by now.

    Yes, but HOW are you uninstalling them.
    Check the Nvidia website for instructions and they might even have a
    utility.
    For instance ATI have a utility for removal and even then you can find
    traces in the registry.
    The Nvidia forums will be a good source of help.

    Chris
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    this might seem weird, but i too was having a similer problem, and i fixed
    this by using OLDER drivers, that were released 14\09\2001, download version
    71.84 for my GeForce

    so try an older set of drivers..... worked for me..

    cheers Paul
    "Bage881" <Bage881@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
    > I noticed though that when I ran the test that the spinning box with
    > the X was colour disoriented and it was not just plain black.

  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Nvidia has an Archive of all their drivers from old to new.
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html

    i'm gonna try it.but can anyone tell me how to Uninstall drivers
    completely cause all I do is delete there folder.

  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    >Nvidia has an Archive of all their drivers from old to new.
    >http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html
    >
    >i'm gonna try it.but can anyone tell me how to Uninstall drivers
    >completely cause all I do is delete there folder.

    No wonder you have repeated problems then... First download and
    install this utility and check its usage:
    http://www.drivercleaner.net/

    Second step is to remove the drivers from the add/remove programs
    applet in Windows control panel

    Third step is to remove the card in the device manager (system
    properties from the control panel), only then can you reboot in safe
    mode without network access.

    Then say no to any automatic drivers installation, run driver cleaner
    and then you can install the latest drivers version, you certainly
    made a salad of files with all your previous attempts :-)

    Next video drivers upgrade will be simpler once things are cleaned:
    remove current via add//remove, reboot in safe mode and install new
    version. Never manually delete/move files, just leave the different
    versions files after they are installed...

    And you still did not answer if you had installed/updated the
    motherboard drivers? These are required too and should be the very
    first step after installing Windows, before any other drivers...

    ===
    Best Regards
    Katy
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    There is a world of difference between deleting and uninstalling.
    A typical uninstall is to go to Control Panel => Add or Remove Programs
    Look for your video card drivers and uninstall them from there. For some drivers you can also uninstall from Start =>
    Programs => <video card selection>

    One problem that I've seen frequently is a user will just install new drivers over the top of their old drivers. This
    causes all kinds of problems.

    The best rule of thumb is to read the readme file before installing drivers. It will tell you exactly what to do for
    your particular card/driver combination.
    --
    ....Carl Frisk
    Anger is a brief madness.

    "Bage881" <Bage881@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message news:1118500116.22276@forums.simradar.com...
    > Nvidia has an Archive of all their drivers from old to new.
    > http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html
    >
    > i'm gonna try it.but can anyone tell me how to Uninstall drivers
    > completely cause all I do is delete there folder.

  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Ok Thanks yall I'm gonna try some of these ideas that are comming up
    and tell ya'll if they work thanks.

  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Whooohoooo!I have done it!with the help of you all!Everthing has gone
    back normal.I downloaded the Driver Cleaner that Katy Pluta suggested
    and used it and followed her steps and it worked.Seems that piling up
    drivers on top of drivers do cause proplems.Well I would know next time
    what to do. So thanks to all those people out there who helped
    me.Thanks Alot.

    And I would still be following the post posted on this website.Thanks
    Again

  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    >Whooohoooo!I have done it!with the help of you all!Everthing has gone
    >back normal.I downloaded the Driver Cleaner that Katy Pluta suggested
    >and used it and followed her steps and it worked.Seems that piling up
    >drivers on top of drivers do cause proplems.Well I would know next time
    >what to do. So thanks to all those people out there who helped
    >me.Thanks Alot.
    >
    >And I would still be following the post posted on this website.Thanks
    >Again

    Glad you're up and running now... er, flying! ;-)

    ===
    Best Regards
    Katy

Games Video Games