Big Flight Simulator Graphics Problem!

Last response: in Video Games
June 6, 2005 10:36:03 PM

This has been haunting me since last year and I just can't seem to find
the solution.
No matter how much drivers I install I just cant get my game graphics
to show good. It seems to happen in all 3D games I have.

Also in Flight Simulator 2004 or 2002 you won't be able to see the
plane(sometime) or anything just a bunch of colours around the screen
and the only place you can see is inside the cockpit. You can't see the
buildings or the runway or anything.

This has got me pulling out all my hair.I cant take it anymore! It's
over bearing.
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

I have a photo of how it looks but I don't know if you can post images.

June 7, 2005 1:19:37 AM

>This has been haunting me since last year and I just can't seem to find
>the solution.
>No matter how much drivers I install I just cant get my game graphics
>to show good. It seems to happen in all 3D games I have.
>
>Also in Flight Simulator 2004 or 2002 you won't be able to see the
>plane(sometime) or anything just a bunch of colours around the screen
>and the only place you can see is inside the cockpit. You can't see the
>buildings or the runway or anything.
>

>This has got me pulling out all my hair.I cant take it anymore! It's
>over bearing.
>CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.
>PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
>
>I have a photo of how it looks but I don't know if you can post images.

If you don't give a complete description of your hardware there is no
way to help you out, you don't even state what video card you are
using? CPU? RAM? Motherboard brand? Drivers version? OS version? FS
settings? dxdiag tests? Overcloking?

You may be upset but we don't have a crystal ball, give more
information so we can help... There seems to be a video drivers
problem but that's about all we can make of your problem and that can
be caused by so many things.

===
Best Regards
Katy
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 10:37:05 AM

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/7/2005, 07:33:39
Machine name: ROSSETAD-C71WR1
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service
Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System Manufacturer
System Model: Product Name
BIOS: Ver 1.65
Processor: AMD Duron(tm) Processor, MMX, 3DNow, ~700MHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 242MB used, 1005MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce2 MX/MX 400
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0110&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_B2
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 800 x 600 (32 bit) (85Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6693 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 10/29/2004 16:50:00, 3736704 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
Mini VDD Date: 10/29/2004 16:50:00, 2826944 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4250-11CF-9579-0A2013C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0110
SubSys ID: 0x00000000
Revision ID: 0x00B2
Revision ID: 0x00B2
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_B ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D
Deinterlace Caps: {212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}:
Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1)
Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}:
Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0)
Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}:
Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1)
Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}:
Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0)
Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}:
Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1)
Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}:
Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0)
Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}:
Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1)
Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}:
Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0)
Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
Registry: OK
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled
DDraw Test Result: Not run
D3D7 Test Result: Not run
D3D8 Test Result: Not run
D3D9 Test Result: Not run

June 7, 2005 10:39:05 AM

Those are my Computer Specs.

June 7, 2005 10:49:34 AM

Katy Pluta wrote:
> Overcloking?

Treky? d:->))
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 11:18:06 AM

What is overclocking?And how do I set it?

June 7, 2005 11:23:05 AM

sometime last year this never used to happen but now I dont know what
to do cause before it was working fine.Maybe I downloaded the wrong
drivers?.

June 7, 2005 1:09:11 PM

>DDraw Test Result: Not run
> D3D7 Test Result: Not run
> D3D8 Test Result: Not run
> D3D9 Test Result: Not run

Run the tests, did you install/update the motherboard chipset drivers
as well as the video drivers?

===
Best Regards
Katy
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 1:46:05 PM

I have now come to realizing that when i play Fighter Ace 2 and I have
the settings on Direct3D the screen shows improperly but when I change
it to Software it shows pretty ok.
Maybe something is wrong with Direct 3D?.Cause in all my other games
it's like that when I put it on Direct3D.

June 7, 2005 2:17:06 PM

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: No problems found. DirectDraw test results: All
tests were successful. Direct3D 7 test results: All tests were
successful. Direct3D 8 test results: All tests were successful.
Direct3D 9 test results: All tests were successful.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.

June 7, 2005 2:20:07 PM

I noticed though that when I ran the test that the spinning box with
the X was colour disoriented and it was not just plain black.

June 8, 2005 1:48:53 AM

agreed Katy, but i'm putting my money on a bad video card as opposed to
drivers.... cos "It seems to happen in all 3D games I have" or maybe a bios
setup problem??

"Katy Pluta" <katypluta@hotmail.invalid> wrote in message
news:p a4aa1laudghrsg8blddoukbmhfmqn1ro5@4ax.com...
> >This has been haunting me since last year and I just can't seem to find
> >the solution.
> >No matter how much drivers I install I just cant get my game graphics
> >to show good. It seems to happen in all 3D games I have.
> >
> >Also in Flight Simulator 2004 or 2002 you won't be able to see the
> >plane(sometime) or anything just a bunch of colours around the screen
> >and the only place you can see is inside the cockpit. You can't see the
> >buildings or the runway or anything.
> >

> >This has got me pulling out all my hair.I cant take it anymore! It's
> >over bearing.
> >CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.
> >PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
> >
> >I have a photo of how it looks but I don't know if you can post images.

> If you don't give a complete description of your hardware there is no
> way to help you out, you don't even state what video card you are
> using? CPU? RAM? Motherboard brand? Drivers version? OS version? FS
> settings? dxdiag tests? Overcloking?
>
> You may be upset but we don't have a crystal ball, give more
> information so we can help... There seems to be a video drivers
> problem but that's about all we can make of your problem and that can
> be caused by so many things.
>
> ===
> Best Regards
> Katy
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 1:48:54 AM

"Paul R" <rudmans@xtra.co.nz> wrote :

> agreed Katy, but i'm putting my money on a bad video card as opposed to
> drivers.... cos "It seems to happen in all 3D games I have" or maybe a
> bios
> setup problem??

Until you don't specify your hardware, nobody can say.
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 3:38:11 AM

"Bage881" <Bage881@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
> What is overclocking?And how do I set it?

It is where the processor is running at a higher multiple of the bus speed
than what the manufacturer specifies. It is changed in BIOS. If you have
owned the computer from new and you haven't gone into BIOS to change the
speed, then the board is probably running at normal speed.

Make sure that there is adequate cooling for all components - CPU and
graphics card in particular.

John
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 7:04:47 AM

Uninstall your old drivers and then reinstall the latest. Change your resolution to at least 1024x768.

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"Bage881" <Bage881@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message news:1118157592.5051@forums.simradar.com...
>I noticed though that when I ran the test that the spinning box with
> the X was colour disoriented and it was not just plain black.

June 8, 2005 10:49:02 PM

Whenever I change my screen resolution to 1024x768 It goes back to
800x600.

I have Uninstalled my old Drivers and installed new ones sooo many
times that it's probaly a everyweek routine by now.

June 9, 2005 12:03:15 PM

No offence intended, but I have been following this thread and can't help
wondering if you have been using your computer very long and whether you
have managed to have any basic instruction? If you have, then I might
seriously suggest that you get a new computer :-)

Cheers
Quilljar

Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
http://www.livtech.co.uk
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 12:03:15 PM

No offence intended, but I have been following this thread and can't help
wondering if you have been using your computer very long and whether you
have managed to have any basic instruction? If you have, then I might
seriously suggest that you get a new computer :-)

Cheers
Quilljar

Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
http://www.livtech.co.uk
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 12:11:06 PM

Quilljar wrote:
> No offence intended, but I have been following this thread and can't
> help wondering if you have been using your computer very long and
> whether you have managed to have any basic instruction? If you have,
> then I might seriously suggest that you get a new computer :-)
>
> Cheers
> Quilljar

You see, my machine posted this message twice, so what do I know about
computers :-) ???

Ha ha!

Cheers
Quilljar

Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
http://www.livtech.co.uk
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 12:44:56 AM

> I have Uninstalled my old Drivers and installed new ones sooo many
> times that it's probaly a everyweek routine by now.

Yes, but HOW are you uninstalling them.
Check the Nvidia website for instructions and they might even have a
utility.
For instance ATI have a utility for removal and even then you can find
traces in the registry.
The Nvidia forums will be a good source of help.

Chris
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 1:03:04 AM

this might seem weird, but i too was having a similer problem, and i fixed
this by using OLDER drivers, that were released 14\09\2001, download version
71.84 for my GeForce

so try an older set of drivers..... worked for me..

cheers Paul
"Bage881" <Bage881@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
> I noticed though that when I ran the test that the spinning box with
> the X was colour disoriented and it was not just plain black.

June 11, 2005 1:29:06 PM

Nvidia has an Archive of all their drivers from old to new.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html

i'm gonna try it.but can anyone tell me how to Uninstall drivers
completely cause all I do is delete there folder.

June 11, 2005 3:35:35 PM

>Nvidia has an Archive of all their drivers from old to new.
>http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html
>
>i'm gonna try it.but can anyone tell me how to Uninstall drivers
>completely cause all I do is delete there folder.

No wonder you have repeated problems then... First download and
install this utility and check its usage:
http://www.drivercleaner.net/

Second step is to remove the drivers from the add/remove programs
applet in Windows control panel

Third step is to remove the card in the device manager (system
properties from the control panel), only then can you reboot in safe
mode without network access.

Then say no to any automatic drivers installation, run driver cleaner
and then you can install the latest drivers version, you certainly
made a salad of files with all your previous attempts :-)

Next video drivers upgrade will be simpler once things are cleaned:
remove current via add//remove, reboot in safe mode and install new
version. Never manually delete/move files, just leave the different
versions files after they are installed...

And you still did not answer if you had installed/updated the
motherboard drivers? These are required too and should be the very
first step after installing Windows, before any other drivers...

===
Best Regards
Katy
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 4:31:09 PM

There is a world of difference between deleting and uninstalling.
A typical uninstall is to go to Control Panel => Add or Remove Programs
Look for your video card drivers and uninstall them from there. For some drivers you can also uninstall from Start =>
Programs => <video card selection>

One problem that I've seen frequently is a user will just install new drivers over the top of their old drivers. This
causes all kinds of problems.

The best rule of thumb is to read the readme file before installing drivers. It will tell you exactly what to do for
your particular card/driver combination.
--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"Bage881" <Bage881@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message news:1118500116.22276@forums.simradar.com...
> Nvidia has an Archive of all their drivers from old to new.
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html
>
> i'm gonna try it.but can anyone tell me how to Uninstall drivers
> completely cause all I do is delete there folder.

June 17, 2005 1:04:03 AM

Ok Thanks yall I'm gonna try some of these ideas that are comming up
and tell ya'll if they work thanks.

June 18, 2005 3:08:03 AM

I dont think I downloaded any motherboard drivers.?.?

June 19, 2005 5:22:06 PM

Whooohoooo!I have done it!with the help of you all!Everthing has gone
back normal.I downloaded the Driver Cleaner that Katy Pluta suggested
and used it and followed her steps and it worked.Seems that piling up
drivers on top of drivers do cause proplems.Well I would know next time
what to do. So thanks to all those people out there who helped
me.Thanks Alot.

And I would still be following the post posted on this website.Thanks
Again

June 19, 2005 11:52:03 PM

>Whooohoooo!I have done it!with the help of you all!Everthing has gone
>back normal.I downloaded the Driver Cleaner that Katy Pluta suggested
>and used it and followed her steps and it worked.Seems that piling up
>drivers on top of drivers do cause proplems.Well I would know next time
>what to do. So thanks to all those people out there who helped
>me.Thanks Alot.
>
>And I would still be following the post posted on this website.Thanks
>Again

Glad you're up and running now... er, flying! ;-)

===
Best Regards
Katy
!