Opinions on UNEEC Power Supplies?

MaximRecoil

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2005
I posted this on another site's forum a few days ago, but I guess no one there was familiar with UNEEC power supplies, so:

I have a UNEEC (Chenming) 601 like this one, and it came with a UNEEC ISO-500D 450 Watt PSU like this one (notice the very attractive price of only $15,168,228,888).

So I'm looking for some opinions on this 15 billion dollar power supply that I got with my $75 case. I know that UNEEC has been around forever, particularly in the OEM business, and I love their cases, but how do their PSUs stack up? The system I plan to build includes an A64 3700, a GB of RAM (possibly 2 GBs), nothing special for a video card, a couple of HDDs, a couple of optical drives, and at least a pair of 80mm fans. Will this UNEEC PSU do the trick or should I spring for something else?

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
That Case looks exactly the same as my Antec, different color. Though I have an Antec PSU 430W.

I couldn't read what the Output were for all the rails.

I'm guessing you should be okay with it. I'd say test it out before splurgin on another PSU.

My 430w has been good to me for at least 3 year, going on 4.

Run Memtest, and Prime95 to test out stabilty if you want. Run them over night if needed. (can't run both at the same time though) :wink:

MaximRecoil

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2005
That Case looks exactly the same as my Antec, different color.
Yeah, that is because UNEEC (Chenming) made your Antec case, as well as all the other ones out there under various brand names. Antec is probably most responsible for popularizing that particular case style in the U.S. though. I have an old beige Antec-branded one myself. Antec doesn't market that style anymore, and I wanted another one but in black, so I got one from the actual manufacturer, i.e. Chenming. It's too bad, because I would have preferred an Antec-branded one that you could get as a package deal with an Antec power supply, which is a power supply that I know is good. UNEEC (Chenming) on the other hand, while I know their cases are nice, I know nothing of their power supplies and I can't seem to find anyone who has any experience with them.