epson compatable cartridges

I have a R200 epson printer that I use to print cds.Does any of you use
the compatable carts.Do you notice any differance in the color from the
epson carts.What I'm really asking is there any differance in quality
of your prints between the two.also what is a good brand to buy.
John.H.
--

* Magic Is Believing In Yourself*

*if you can do that*

* You Can Make Anything Happen *

John H. wrote:
> I have a R200 epson printer that I use to print cds.Does any of you
use
> the compatable carts.Do you notice any differance in the color from
the
> epson carts.What I'm really asking is there any differance in quality
> of your prints between the two.also what is a good brand to buy.
> John.H.

I'd be interested in seeing an answer to this too.
I have an Epson R800 and that word "compatible" keeps coming up
when I'm looking for deals on ink. I really want to use Epson tho,
but finding a good source is becoming difficult for me.
Open to store suggestions!

Rod

I do CD/DVDs too.
Creating "professional" looking photos
is a rarity for me, so my main concern is always
clogging and messing up the machine.
Great that you haven't had problems in that area.
Would like to hear more from others -
especially R800 owners who've had their unit for
at least a couple of months.

thanks for your reply,

Rod

OK, I see your point about this.
Just a bit nervous about buying them
(asked about this specifically in another thread).

I've seen pretty good prices for these
"compatible" inks (in the range that you state),
so, maybe I should consider them.

thanks for your reply!

rod

"John H." <jhensleys@att.net> wrote in message
>I have a R200 epson printer that I use to print cds.Does any of you use the
>compatable carts.Do you notice any differance in the color from the epson
>carts.What I'm really asking is there any differance in quality
> of your prints between the two.also what is a good brand to buy.
> John.H.

There was another posting about this a few days ago. I have a R200 & R300
and have used compatibles without any problem whatsoever. The price is now
down to £2 per cartridge from a local market stall - 1 even saw them on the
web the other day (offer had just expired) for 1.39 each.

I don't think that you can beat genuine epson cartridges and paper if you
really want the very best quality that you can extract from the machine -
but for most people the compatible ink and cheap (Aldi) photopaper give
terrific results. I regularly print A4 size photo's with vibrant colours
and contrast using the compatible/Aldi paper combination, and the costs are
barely noticeable.

Never had any clogging problems either.

"Asprin" <asprin@nospam.net> wrote in message

> "John H." <jhensleys@att.net> wrote in message
>>I have a R200 epson printer that I use to print cds.Does any of you use
>>the compatable carts.Do you notice any differance in the color from the
>>epson carts.What I'm really asking is there any differance in quality
>> of your prints between the two.also what is a good brand to buy.
>> John.H.
>

> There was another posting about this a few days ago. I have a R200 & R300
> and have used compatibles without any problem whatsoever. The price is
> now down to £2 per cartridge from a local market stall - 1 even saw them
> on the web the other day (offer had just expired) for 1.39 each.
>
> I don't think that you can beat genuine epson cartridges and paper if you
> really want the very best quality that you can extract from the machine -
> but for most people the compatible ink and cheap (Aldi) photopaper give
> terrific results. I regularly print A4 size photo's with vibrant colours
> and contrast using the compatible/Aldi paper combination, and the costs
> are barely noticeable.
>
> Never had any clogging problems either.

Forgot to add that I also print CD's and Business Card CD's (why don't Epson
supply the software template for the rectangular cd cards?!!!!) with
excellent results using the compatible inks

<rostasi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I do CD/DVDs too.
> Creating "professional" looking photos
> is a rarity for me, so my main concern is always
> clogging and messing up the machine.
> Great that you haven't had problems in that area.
> Would like to hear more from others -
> especially R800 owners who've had their unit for
> at least a couple of months.
>
> thanks for your reply,
>
> Rod

Compatible cartridges for the 800 are going to cost a little more than for
the 200/300 - extra cartridges, for a start, but primarily due to supply and
demand. The 200/300 have sold in their zillions, and there is a huge market
for compatible ink. The 800 (although a better printer, of course) is less
'mainstream' but, even so, you should only be looking at about £3.50 - £4.50
per cartridge ( probably the lower figure if buying complete sets)

As far as clogging concerns go - the compatible ink market has increased
beyond anyone's expectations, to the point where, probably, a majority of
people now use them in preference to originals. If they caused the problems
that some people claim that they do, would they have been so successful?