BEFVP41-DI-824VUP, SSH Sentinel behind DI-824VUP

Hi there,

My questions are as follows:
1. Is it possible to set up a IPSEC tunnel between a Linksys BEFVP41
and a DLink DI-824VUP (or 804HV)? And if so, how do you do it. I've
tried to modify the settings on the routers to speak to one another,
and it does not work. I notice on the DI-824VUP that there is a
dynamic ipsec option where it appears as though you can have a
dial-in vpn connection from another location instead of a constant
tunnel, but I am unsure of how to activate it.

2. I have numerous locations, all of which have the BEFVP41. Before,
when connecting from my office, I was able to use SSH Sentinel with
no problem to connect, however, now that i've changed my office's
router to the DLink, I am no longer able to connect using SSH
Sentinel. Do i need to do any port forwarding with this new router
to get it to work?

I appreciate any help you can give me.

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

abuttar wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> My questions are as follows:
> 1. Is it possible to set up a IPSEC tunnel between a Linksys BEFVP41
> and a DLink DI-824VUP (or 804HV)? And if so, how do you do it. I've
> tried to modify the settings on the routers to speak to one another,
> and it does not work. I notice on the DI-824VUP that there is a
> dynamic ipsec option where it appears as though you can have a
> dial-in vpn connection from another location instead of a constant
> tunnel, but I am unsure of how to activate it.
>
> 2. I have numerous locations, all of which have the BEFVP41. Before,
> when connecting from my office, I was able to use SSH Sentinel with
> no problem to connect, however, now that i've changed my office's
> router to the DLink, I am no longer able to connect using SSH
> Sentinel. Do i need to do any port forwarding with this new router
> to get it to work?
>
> I appreciate any help you can give me.

I don't have an answer for your question but since I just obtained just
obtained a BEFVP41 I wonder if you have any suggestions for setting up a
secure system using it. I have a small business in Southern California
with just one main office where I want assistants in remote locations to
be able to utilize a local database. The local system will be running
on a Win2k server with a small LAN of Win2k workstations.

James