windows activation

Jayne

i had to reinstall windows xp last week after system pack
2 rubbished my puter, but at the time i didnt put in the
activation code. i have been to accesories>system tools,
but there isnt a activation thinkg to click, i have been
to start and run and typed in that oobe thing and my
puter says it cannot locate it, i am not getting the
bubble up to remind me to activate either, so........am i
still activated from the first time, or is my puter still
faulty. I dont know if the hard drive was reformatted
either so dont ask me that. LOL

Jayne wrote:
> i had to reinstall windows xp last week after system pack
> 2 rubbished my puter, but at the time i didnt put in the
> activation code. i have been to accesories>system tools,
> but there isnt a activation thinkg to click, i have been
> to start and run and typed in that oobe thing and my
> puter says it cannot locate it, i am not getting the
> bubble up to remind me to activate either, so........am i
> still activated from the first time, or is my puter still
> faulty. I dont know if the hard drive was reformatted
> either so dont ask me that. LOL

If you have an OEM license and the computer's manufacturer uses
BIOS-locking, the OS won't require activation unless you try to
install it on a computer other than the one to which the license
belongs.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

Hi

Did you enter the 'oobe' command correctly:

%systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /A

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Jayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i had to reinstall windows xp last week after system pack
> 2 rubbished my puter, but at the time i didnt put in the
> activation code. i have been to accesories>system tools,
> but there isnt a activation thinkg to click, i have been
> to start and run and typed in that oobe thing and my
> puter says it cannot locate it, i am not getting the
> bubble up to remind me to activate either, so........am i
> still activated from the first time, or is my puter still
> faulty. I dont know if the hard drive was reformatted
> either so dont ask me that. LOL

came up windows alrady activated!!!!! but i may add that
on the help instructions that isnt written the way have
it, so no wonder it didnt work.
Your a little gem thank you, so it must of stayed
activated.
Thank you
Jayne