Desktop icons disappeared

Suddenyl,When i open the computer , only the Windows XP icon appears. I
could only open my files when i do (ctrl-alt-delete) and open thru the task
bar. How can I bring back the icons during start up?
--
niv

Hi,

Does the taskbar appear?
Is the hard drive still active?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"nivram222" <nivram222@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Suddenyl,When i open the computer , only the Windows XP icon appears. I
> could only open my files when i do (ctrl-alt-delete) and open thru the
> task
> bar. How can I bring back the icons during start up?
> --
> niv

Yes, when i do ctrl+alt+del the taskbar appears . i tried running a new task
with explorer.exe., the icons appeared but when I close and re-start the
computer, i have to do it all over again, all the time. How can i keep the
icons permanently there?
Thank you for your reply.

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does the taskbar appear?
> Is the hard drive still active?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "nivram222" <nivram222@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Suddenyl,When i open the computer , only the Windows XP icon appears. I
> > could only open my files when i do (ctrl-alt-delete) and open thru the
> > task
> > bar. How can I bring back the icons during start up?
> > --
> > niv

Hi,

You've checked the system for malware and bugs?