A*N-SLI Deluxe - Chipset Update before BIOS Update

Nomdeplume

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
Thought I'd update the BIOS prior to a CPU update, but latest BIOS requires that the chipset be updated first.

I got the chipset update and made the required floppy, but what do I do with it now? There appear to be no instructions - or have I just missed them!

NB Chipset not BIOS.

apesoccer

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
1) The chipset is just a regular update (download and install)...Or an auto update through asus's utility...

2) The bios you can use the autoupdate for as well...I'd recommend it in fact...If the autoconnect and autoupdate doesn't work, then download the latest non-beta revision to your desktop and then run the auto-bios-update program and choose the file on your desktop instead of telling it to look at asus's site for it. Just remember to turn off your antivirus, revert to stock settings (NO Overclock), and kill of any extra/non-essential programs you have running in the background.

Otherwise you can do it the old fashioned way, through a bootable floppy; copy the bios install program, dos boot files and bios update to a floppy, and install it that way.