Sign in with
Your question

JUst damn perfect...just what i thought.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 21, 2006 3:55:08 PM

Yah well...Just got elder scrolls oblivion..and man, am i pissed off. With a 7800 gtx overclocked, an fx 55 processor ,2 gigs of ram...the game detected ultra quality on 1024x768 resolution...and man..i get such low frames its not even funny..this is exactly what i mean..the consols have won this one. thats pathetic, spent all this money on a gaming computer...and i can barely run the game with all the eye candy. pffft , just figures. Pc's as of right now, are def not as good as consols, i dont care what anyone says...without going off specs..just straight graphical evidence...the 360 has won.

More about : damn perfect thought

March 21, 2006 4:16:38 PM

First off, I find you opinion (and thread) laughable.
What was the point of this?

I've personally seen the game at medium settings 1024x768 run
at acceptable frame rates on a 2200+ Gig 1/2 PC2100, x800xt, and
preformed and ran quite fine.

There's something wrong with your machine, or an issue with your game.
Becuase your machine is almost twice the preformance of the one I saw,
and (granted) your at max settings, your machine should handle it.
I'll have the game in 2 days, I'll let you know what I think.

I also have a new GPU and CPU coming, so I'll post some before/after marks.

BTW: I'm not trying to start a flame war but PC>console

P.S. 360 sucks. COD @ 1080I in Hi-Def doesnt look as good as my machine @ 1280x1024....thats from personal experience.
March 21, 2006 4:17:17 PM

Quote:
Yah well...Just got elder scrolls oblivion..and man, am i pissed off. With a 7800 gtx overclocked, an fx 55 processor ,2 gigs of ram...the game detected ultra quality on 1024x768 resolution...and man..i get such low frames its not even funny..this is exactly what i mean..the consols have won this one. thats pathetic, spent all this money on a gaming computer...and i can barely run the game with all the eye candy. pffft , just figures. Pc's as of right now, are def not as good as consols, i dont care what anyone says...without going off specs..just straight graphical evidence...the 360 has won.

Get an x1900xtx and let us know what you think.

IMO, $500 video card > 360. Who knows....

-Ryu
Related resources
March 21, 2006 5:01:42 PM

Quote:

Could we get some hard numbers? how low are your frame rates? what mobo are you using, and whats the bios version? everyone here is quite knowledgable about what you should be expecting from a rig, and if theres something wrong. I suspect something on your mobo is turned off, but thats a pretty far fetch considering the information.
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2006 6:18:01 PM

One of the Oblivion previews I read suggested if you have an XBox360 and a PC with less than a 6800GT, go for the XBox360 version. They also said biggest noticeable difference between them was faster load times on the PC version and not a visual difference. They were using a 7800GTX 256MB I think. I haven't seen hard info yet.
March 22, 2006 1:54:27 AM

i sure hope those drivers help...because i am def. dissapointed...that people can spend so much money on computer upgrades...then be shafted like this. Its a scam to make you buy new stuff..now i dont know how picky you all are compared to myself...but the last thing i want to do right when i open the door to an outside environment...is see a huge loss of frames. i dont see why buying a 500 dollar gfx card and a 50 dollar game can justify to lose frames. I dont care what people "claim" they used on the game trailers or what not, me, along with my friends both have a 7800 gtx 256mb and we both get horrible loss of frames....and it barely helps to put it on medium quality. im using an a8n sli mobo...and no , its not far fetched...its just your not as picky as i am...when you lose 20 frames, most likely more.. its pretty damn obvious. theres nothing wrong, because i can play quake 4, cod 2 on full settings also with no problems at all, with just a very slight drop in frames at certain parts...with elder scrolls tho, i cant play it just because of how annoying is that 75% of the territory i explore, i get an estimated 30 frames or 40 frames a second.
March 22, 2006 2:05:32 AM

You've got a problem then

40fps is very playable, 30 is midly playable

Hell I've played WoW and at times I've gone down into SINGLE DIGIT FPS. So yea, me and my radeon 9200SE are no where NEAR as picky as you are.

What settings are you playing at.. and get fraps or something and give us real numbers... not what you think or your estimations.
March 22, 2006 2:20:53 AM

Bud, as long as its not a FPS, anything above 25FPS is more than playable.
March 22, 2006 2:24:46 AM

Hey, i never said it wasnt playable..i said it runs crappy with that low of frames. its at ultra high settings at resolution 1024x768.. then i turned the setting area to medium, and it barely helped. only for in door environments. i dont know exact numbers, nor do i care to figure out what they are, because i can see how bad its running..theres nothing wrong with my system, seeing how on my friends you get the same thing, just runs like crap to me IMO. i mean, when you watched gametrailers of in game action for pc of this game months ago, i almost saw NO slowdown what so ever, also, i saw hdr+ AA enabled...you cant even do that with a 7800 gtx for this game, how pathetic is that?
March 22, 2006 2:32:37 AM

Quote:
Bud, as long as its not a FPS, anything above 25FPS is more than playable.

never said it wasnt playable..and i wouldnt be complaining if i didnt have a 489 dollar video card that was said "to run everything at ultra high quality settings" . if i had like a 9800 pro or so and i got low frames...i could understand why. and elder scrolls is a FPS.
March 22, 2006 3:36:24 AM

lol no eye candy.... Ultra Details pfft..... Just do what i do and keep turning it down until ur happy. Mind you, I still have some pretty severe problems trying to run Serious Sam II, and thats still grinding at my patience to this day... maybe i can take a leaf out of this thread for my own book.
March 22, 2006 11:09:31 PM

So wheres this "nvidiadriver", your talking about, eh?
March 22, 2006 11:49:35 PM

Quote:
saw hdr+ AA enabled...you cant even do that with a 7800 gtx for this game, how pathetic is that?
You're the idiot who paid for it; stop complaining to us.
Quote:
nvidia.com?
March 22, 2006 11:58:16 PM

Quote:
saw hdr+ AA enabled...you cant even do that with a 7800 gtx for this game, how pathetic is that?
You're the idiot who paid for it; stop complaining to us.
Quote:
nvidia.com?
:lol: 

8)
March 23, 2006 12:10:42 AM

Maybe he doesn't have the Nvidia drivers installed at all; that would explain a lot. :lol: 
March 23, 2006 12:45:59 AM

since your pc suck so bad, i will take it. just send it to me and i will pay the shipping.
March 23, 2006 2:03:27 AM

The drivers are installed, im not computer illiterate. which is why im angered that this is running shitty, maybe to you its not running bad, to me, for paying 500 bucks for a video card, it is to me.
!