Need The "back" picture Of this CPU please help!!!

halil1980

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
PLEASE ANSWER WHO EXPERIENCED SL6BY CPU
Pentium III-S 1400 512 ch 133 FSB
CPU Sspeck: SL6BY
Please help I can't find any back! pictures of this cpu but! not another 1400
I ask this because I obtained somewhere one of this cpu but it seems there is one pin missing !
I say missing because it doesn't seem to be broken !Like eradicated ! I have not tested(afraid of testing like this) it and want just to know if this cpu was produced like this odd or I have a bad cpu !
BTW the ultra small chips in the middle of the cpu behind ! 3 of them are also missing which are yellow circled you can see !
yenibitelemresmi21it.jpg

PLEASE ANSWER WHO EXPERIENCED SL6BY CPU
Pentium III-S 1400 512 ch 133 FSB
CPU Sspeck: SL6BY
Please help I can't find any back! pictures of this cpu but! not another 1400
I ask this because I obtained somewhere one of this cpu but it seems there is one pin missing !
I say missing because it doesn't seem to be broken !Like eradicated ! I have not tested(afraid of testing like this) it and want just to know if this cpu was produced like this odd or I have a bad cpu !
BTW the ultra small chips in the middle of the cpu behind ! 3 of them are also missing which are yellow circled you can see !
yenibitelemresmi21it.jpg

THATS A INTEL TUALATIN - GREAT CHIP, 130nm 27w MAX @ 1.525v

WILL NOT WORK IN OLDER COPPERMINE/MENDOCINO BOARDS

The front has a metal slug cover that looks like the P4 one with alot more surface (more like a socket 423 P4).

Iv seen P3's with pins missing and they work so id say its just not needed and as for the resistors in the middle some of em dont have em in places.

for all amd fanboys this p6 based chip beat an athlon 1400 at 1.26ghz - I SEE NONE OF YOU HAVE LEARNT YOUR HISTOR, this chip was later modified and released as the pentium m (cold and efficent, my 1.1a@1.46 idles with stock cooling at room temp) - conroe is based off it partly and you wonder why your amd looses against conroe - its bout time p6 came back.

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
I can't help you with the missing components but the pin that you highlighted seems to be F-22, a VCC pin, see page 54 of This document.

Note that you will have to rotate your picture 90 degrees to the right so it correspond to the pinout chart.

halil1980

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
Forget it ! :cry:

It is a dead cpu ! :cry: :cry:
After I examined and experimented I come to this desicion !
It has melded inside and very small quantity of it spread outside can be seen like ink
:x :cry: :evil:
:(:(:(
SH.t !!!

It has melded inside and very small quantity of it spread outside can be seen like ink
SH.t !!!

what board did you try it in - it wont work in any average socket370 motherboard.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Dude... I don't even understand what it is you're asking.

I think he's asking what CPU it is or what the other side looks lke...but...if he has it and tested it...would he not be able to turn it over? o_O it's confubbling.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

darkstar782

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005

SH.t !!!

The 'ink' around the heat spreader is probably the glue holding the heat spreader down, the core wouldnt 'melt' and spread outside like that.

He is asking for a pic of another P3 of the same age so he can compare the pins etc.

How about plugging it into the appropriate motherboard (not a coppermine one) and testing it? :p

On the AMD/Intel debate:-

At the moment I exclusively use AMD CPUs. AMD64 is a better archetecture than Netburst. Pentium-M is close but being a mobile CPU there are not the top-end models to compete with the top A64s.

Conroe *may* change my mind, but its not here yet. When it is, I will compare it to A64, and quite possibly switch. but thats not for a good few months yet, and is no reason to buy a P4 now.

Yes, the tutalin may have beaten the Athlon at 90% of the athlons cloc speed, but we now have A64s that *wipe the floor* with P4s at 73% or less of their clock speed (2.8 ghz vs. 3.8 ghz).

Lets also not forget what intel did to us just before they released these chips, P3 1ghz was a pathetic chip compared to Athlon 1ghz (which was availible first) and P3 1.13 was so buggy and unstable at that clockspeed that intel had to use special microcode to disable half the chip to get it to POST.

Added to that was the complete unavailibility of those two chips, and the rarity of Coppermine just after.

Thats the history we should be learning :)

halil1980

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
I'm not a moron of course do I know its tual. and my board is tusl2-c and have extra cpu(p3 1200) which works fine with it !
In short I'm not a kidie I know something a little okey !
I only wanted to take the fastest available p3 cpu on the planet !
I got it but does not work and its extremely f.cking rare cpu to find here in turkey so I'm very sad understand ?
Perhaps a last resort I thought here(forum) it would be some magic people giving some magic clue to me to get it work !
The ink is not on the front instead on the back ! Over the corner yellowish dot !(hope you understand) very small quantity !The dot is not yellow now instead blue(covered) !(maybe someone touched it with pen)
And the missing pin I mention before ! Its not broken at the middle instead split even with the solder so its impossible to repair !(cannot be bond) Beacuse the top of the base circuit seems so much small even its hard to find looking with a handglass !
So why am I asking to find a rear picture o f this cpu because I wasn't sure if this was a fault or not !I have never seen a 1400 p3 cpu clear ?
Don't laugh ! :x
Would intel repaire this if I send it ?I know 5 year has passed maybe intel has a support of this kind with money of course ?

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
I highly doubt intel would repair it. If it were me and I had nothing to lose, I would go ahead and try to solder a pin back on, or wire-wrap a neighboring vcc pin, and put the end of the wire into the "hole" where the broken pin is.

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
for all amd fanboys this p6 based chip beat an athlon 1400 at 1.26ghz - I SEE NONE OF YOU HAVE LEARNT YOUR HISTOR
WOW, lets see some tests.
Damn, looks like my eyes are lieing to me. I did a lot of benchmarking on T-Bird and Tualatin cores and I concluded the oposite.
I must be sick and crazy, like all the people who concluded the same as I.
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.html?i=1509
http://www.tomshardware.com/2001/09/19/last_passing_maneuver/
Damn Sandra, it lies also...hmmm...it might be that someone got in my PC and hacked Sandras database puting better values for the Thunderbird!
Looks like I need an antivirus:(
Apache, can you recomend any?
But keep in mind that I am using both Intel and AMD systems, so I will need a common one becouse that difference of 20secs wasted time monthly for scanning systems are meaning so much in my life.

only_me

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
i'm sorry to hear that, :( i think you will have to let it go, it was unlucky that it didn't work, and its unlikely that anyone could fix it, if you are looking for another one to try keep, looking on ebay, one will show up, i'm still looking for the xp 3400, i'm sure its out there..... somewhere....

for all amd fanboys this p6 based chip beat an athlon 1400 at 1.26ghz - I SEE NONE OF YOU HAVE LEARNT YOUR HISTOR
WOW, lets see some tests.
Damn, looks like my eyes are lieing to me. I did a lot of benchmarking on T-Bird and Tualatin cores and I concluded the oposite.
I must be sick and crazy, like all the people who concluded the same as I.
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.html?i=1509
http://www.tomshardware.com/2001/09/19/last_passing_maneuver/
Damn Sandra, it lies also...hmmm...it might be that someone got in my PC and hacked Sandras database puting better values for the Thunderbird!
Looks like I need an antivirus:(
Apache, can you recomend any?
But keep in mind that I am using both Intel and AMD systems, so I will need a common one becouse that difference of 20secs wasted time monthly for scanning systems are meaning so much in my life.

yeah take a look at your own benchmarks posted - the 1200 lines up and matches and beats at 1200mhz - any questions?

halil1980

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
What is a vcc pin ?
What does it do !

Supply current to the core, as there are so many of them, you may get lucky and have your CPU run fine.
You mean energy to the cpu !
BTW I finally got my cpu running with this broken pin !
But I'm suspicious about running at %100 maybe a borken vcc pin disables some sector of transistors instead of running at 1400 mhz it runs 1250 mhz :idea:
This is just a hypo of mine without a knowladge or information !
It says 1.41 ghz in the properities of "My Computer"
Suppose it runs %100 so if I overclock it maybe becomes unusable because of needing more power :idea:
Anyone can shine me about these issues so I can be HAPPY :lol:

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Just out of curiosity, what did you do to verify the cpu speed of 1250 MHz? Was it the bios, or a utility like cpu-z? If bios, it could just be a bios issue, where the old version of the bios was not programmed to support the more recent tualy.

halil1980

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
Joe did you really carefully read my issue :?:

I say I have idea maybe a broken vcc pin disables something inside the cpu so it doesn't run good like it was fresh out of the plane !
Yeah it runs but maybe not %100 !
There was no 1250 mhz saying bios here I just think !
Understand :?:
I only want you make me sure something like this will not happen !A Cpu runs fine or it will not run !Make me sure that no cpu will run damaged or %80 (anyone experienced like this please :oops: so I will relax)
Excuse me of bad english !
Off course it doesn't say 1250 mhz or something I only thing it is running lower maybe a broken vcc pin decreases its power !

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Alright, here's the deal. You send me your 1.4 Tualy, and I'll send you a 1.2 GHz Celeron Tauly that I will guarantee works well. Will that make you feel better? :lol: