Canon Pixma IP4000: Howto do CD Printing ?

We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but
for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD into
the printer?

The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be
aligned, but where the heck is it?!

Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy Photo
Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6".

Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'?

Thanks for your kind help
--
Steven Ung
8 answers Last reply

    Make sure you click on the Paper Size tab, select the correct paper size,
    AND paper source, from the EasyPhoto menu. Works perfectly for me.

    As for printing CD's, the printers sold in the U.S. do not support that
    feature for some reason. Did you buy yours in the U.S.?

    Bill Crocker

    "Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
    > We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but
    > for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD into
    > the printer?
    >
    > The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be
    > aligned, but where the heck is it?!
    >
    > Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy Photo
    > Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6".
    >
    > Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'?
    >
    > Thanks for your kind help
    > --
    > Steven Ung

    "Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
    > We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but
    > for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD into
    > the printer?
    >
    > The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be
    > aligned, but where the heck is it?!

    If you look at the printer with the output tray down you will see CANON
    printed above the tray. This can be flipped down and is where you insert the
    CD tray.

    > Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy Photo
    > Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6".
    >
    > Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'?

    That sounds weird - though it's not my software of choice I've printed
    borderless photos with it no probs. Do you mean that is is cropping to the
    4x6 aspect ratio so you are loosing the sides, or is it just printing a
    fraction of the image?

    "Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message news:3477qaF47mknpU1@individual.net...
    > We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but for the life of me,
    > where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD into the printer?
    >
    > The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be aligned, but where the heck
    > is it?!
    >
    > Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy Photo Print trims off
    > pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6".
    >
    > Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'?
    >
    > Thanks for your kind help
    > --
    > Steven Ung

    Go to preferences in Easy Photo Print and you can control the amount of border under "Amount of
    extension of borderless printing"

    "Peter" <aus10n.123@XXoptusnet.xcom.xau> wrote in message

    > "Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
    >> We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but
    >> for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD
    >> into the printer?
    >>
    >> The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be
    >> aligned, but where the heck is it?!
    >>
    >> Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy
    >> Photo Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6".
    >>
    >> Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'?
    >>
    >> Thanks for your kind help
    >> --
    >> Steven Ung
    >>

    > Go to preferences in Easy Photo Print and you can control the amount of
    > border under "Amount of extension of borderless printing"

    Ah yes, if you set it to none (default is large for some strange reason)
    this done largely fix the problem. Though it does still crop the photos to
    the dimensions of the page.

    << From: "Steven Ung" steven@nodomainname.com
    Date: Fri, Jan 7, 2005 4:49 AM

    We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but
    for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD into
    the printer?

    The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be
    aligned, but where the heck is it?!

    Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy Photo
    Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6".

    Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'?

    Thanks for your kind help
    --
    Steven Ung

    You can't get borderless prints from an original that has a 4;3 ratio when
    you try to print on 4:6 paper. Try the 4X6 setting that shows a border. That
    should (I think) do the trick. I normally don't worry about cropping a 1/4
    inch from the top and the bottom of the print since I try to be careful to
    leave a little extra margin when I compose the photo.

    Does this image help you to insert the CD-Plate?
    http://www.canon.co.uk/Images/14_224661.jpg

    I don't have the printer so I can't be sure, but borderless prints on my
    Epson print larger than the paper. This is by design and is done to stop
    fading on the edges of the image. I would expect that the Canon does the
    same.

    --
    Mick Doherty
    http://dotnetrix.co.uk/nothing.html

    "Caitlin" <caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
    >> We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but
    >> for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD
    >> into the printer?
    >>
    >> The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be
    >> aligned, but where the heck is it?!
    >
    > If you look at the printer with the output tray down you will see CANON
    > printed above the tray. This can be flipped down and is where you insert
    > the CD tray.

    Ah, yes. Found it. Thanks!

    Jesus! I can't find any printed materials that describe this simple step. :(

    >> Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy
    >> Photo Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6".
    >>
    >> Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'?
    >>

    > That sounds weird - though it's not my software of choice I've printed
    > borderless photos with it no probs. Do you mean that is is cropping to the
    > 4x6 aspect ratio so you are loosing the sides, or is it just printing a
    > fraction of the image?

    May I know what software you're using for borderless prints?
    --
    Steven Ung

    :P

    Yes the picture did help. I just wish they have it printed somewhere. Kind
    of a silly question to ask in NG, innit?

    --
    Steven Ung
    "Michael Doherty"
    > Does this image help you to insert the CD-Plate?
    > http://www.canon.co.uk/Images/14_224661.jpg
    >
    > I don't have the printer so I can't be sure, but borderless prints on my
    > Epson print larger than the paper. This is by design and is done to stop
    > fading on the edges of the image. I would expect that the Canon does the
    > same.
    >
    > --
    > Mick Doherty
    > http://dotnetrix.co.uk/nothing.html
    >

    > "FredBillie" <fredbillie@aol.comnospam> wrote in message
    >> << From: "Steven Ung" steven@nodomainname.com
    >> Date: Fri, Jan 7, 2005 4:49 AM
    >>
    >> We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but
    >> for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD
    >> into
    >> the printer?
    >>
    >> The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be
    >> aligned, but where the heck is it?!
    >>
    >> Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy
    >> Photo
    >> Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6".
    >>
    >> Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'?
    >>
    >> Thanks for your kind help
    >> --
    >> Steven Ung
    >> >>

    >> You can't get borderless prints from an original that has a 4;3 ratio
    >> when
    >> you try to print on 4:6 paper. Try the 4X6 setting that shows a border.
    >> That
    >> should (I think) do the trick. I normally don't worry about cropping a
    >> 1/4
    >> inch from the top and the bottom of the print since I try to be careful
    >> leave a little extra margin when I compose the photo.

Printers CD-Rom Peripherals