Window focus problems after SP2

My upgrade seems to have been relatively painless with the following
exception (Dell4400/XP Home):
If I do something that requires a new window (like creating this post), and
then move the mouse from the toolbar button into the new window, the window
will be moved behind all other open windows before I can get to it, and I
have to either minimise all open windows, or click it's task bar entry again
to use it?

Any suggestions?

TIA - Stewart

You can set windows up to behave like this - I did it with Tweak UI by
setting new windows not to take focus. If you have tweak UI (it is a free
download I think) you can set it back so new windows do take focus.

You do not have to minimise other widows however - just click on the window
you want in the task bar and it pops to the front. At least that is what
happens on my machine, and all newly opened windows that have not yet been
accessed appear in orange in the task bar to make it easy to see which ones
are new.

My guess is that you can change this behaviour without Tweak UI but I do not
know how.

"puzzled" <ascraig@ntlworldNOSPAMTHANX.com> wrote in message
> My upgrade seems to have been relatively painless with the following
> exception (Dell4400/XP Home):
> If I do something that requires a new window (like creating this post),
and
> then move the mouse from the toolbar button into the new window, the
window
> will be moved behind all other open windows before I can get to it, and I
> have to either minimise all open windows, or click it's task bar entry
again
> to use it?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> TIA - Stewart

Many Thanx; after your reply I fired up the nVidia application that came
with my display (never had any need to use it before), and there was an
option there under mouse to "automatically activate window under cursor" -
clearing that has solved the problem!!