Presler @ 6.2GHz stable!!!

sallad

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
I just got my computer finished and decided how far I could take it, so I upped the voltage, multiplier a little and FSB ALOT this was the configuration that I found the absolute best for OCing.
screen of cpu-z
super-oc.jpg

my rig:

Gigabyte GA-8N-SLI Quad Royal
Pentium 955 Extreme Edition
4 gigs of Ballistix pc 8000
2 7900 GTX's in SLI (not 4 yet...)
I-RAM in RAID0 (6gigs)
500 gig storage drive
Prometeia Mach II GT cooler (very cool I might add, no pun intended :D )

I wasn't sure if that was the fastest that it has ever been taken or not, the nestbest that I saw was at about 5 GHz...
anyway, I thought it was vaer good all the same and I going to post the benchmarks when I get them, probably tomorrow (if they will even run at this speed...)[/img]

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Super awesome man! Show some benchmarks if/when able. Hope it continues to run well for ya. What's the idle temp now?

...Wow I can't believe I'm raving over an Intel :lol: :D :) :? :x :evil: :twisted: Perhaps I'm not an AMD fanboy after all!

Hmm...400th post. I'm now a TGForumz addict :!:

"my rig:

Gigabyte GA-8N-SLI Quad Royal
Pentium 955 Extreme Edition
4 gigs of Ballistix pc 8000
2 7900 GTX's in SLI (not 4 yet...)
I-RAM in RAID0 (6gigs)
500 gig storage drive
Prometeia Mach II GT cooler (very cool I might add, no pun intended "

Wow...are you like a millionare or something? How in the world can you afford that rig???

luminaris

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
Wow, that's pretty sick dude! Nice job!

I bet that thing is super fast. Please keep us posted as to how stable it is and possible benchmarks. :wink:

ToxicCow

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
The cpu-z is there in his post. BTW, you have a nice overclock as well 8)

No actually, it is not cpu-z varified. To that you upload it to their site or something. Then you provide a link to your verified information. That picture could have been done in photoshop.

a1ien

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
The cpu-z is there in his post. BTW, you have a nice overclock as well 8)

No actually, it is not cpu-z varified. To that you upload it to their site or something. Then you provide a link to your verified information. That picture could have been done in photoshop.

Yep, it's very easy to verify. Although, I'm in a good mood at the moment and won't be 100% skeptical.

Nice OC sallad. Congratulations! Now the test is to see if it'll run stable. :wink:

darkstar782

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Agreed, thats a huge overclock for a 1.3-1.5v mod, and the FSB is waaaaay high, I dont know of many mobos and chipsets that could cope with that :p

CPU-Z verification please, if you do I'll eat my words :)

sallad

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
where do I go to send it in to get it verified???

sorry, im a bit of a noob at this whole "verification thing", I usualy just OC to entereain myself, but this was so awsome that I had to post it somewhere...

BTW, whoever said that that was a pretty sick OC @ 1.5 volts is absolutly right, mostly because it is not actually at 1.5 volts... I don't know if anybody else has had this problem with cpu-z before, but it never gives the right voltage (I think it is about 1.75v right now, HUGE DIFFERENCE) could barley even hit much past 5GHz with 1.5v.

I ran superPI last night just after I posted, but it crashed sometime even earlier in the morning than it actually is right now (still too early). I'm going to try to up the voltage a little more and see if it is more stalbe and leave it running while I'm at school(the only reason I'm up right now :cry: )
I ment to say "to entertain myself" not that that wasn't obvious or anything... :oops:

sallad

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
like any sane 16-year old would.... their parents OH YEAH!!!! :D

who needs a job when you can syphon all the money you want from your parents?

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
That's not fair. My parents don't even pay for some of my clothes. If I had a computer like yours, and fried the CPU by OC'ing too high, the ambulance would have to come with a sponge :D.